AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 44959 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

on: October 30, 2005, 02:54:47 am
You're welcome to talk about anything, including how well or how poorly the officers are conducting themselves; this is the off-topic thread. Keep it clean!

• Halloween time!1! Have fun, if you're celebrating. Be safe, and acquisition a great portion of sweets! Candy is my master. XvX

• Have you pixelled lately? Don't be a rusty tool.  :D

• I think this year has been especially good as far as the different channels airing lots of scary movies. Have any favorites?

Time for the OTness.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:44:25 pm by Peppermint Pig »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 03:22:00 am
noes! evil candy.. :(

natural whole foods are teh way to go.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:23:34 am by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:31:39 am
Does anyone remember that competition from IGN that Sals introduced? If so, who is the guy that did the concept art for the sprites we had to do? I'd appreciate if someone told me, because i've completely forgotten who it was, and i'd like to look at his arts. :-[
@darionmccoy

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:48:30 am
foo swee chin?  Such good stuff in there.

I have been watching tons of scary stuff lately.  I just finished the evil dead trilogy last week (well, army of darkness wasn't exactly scary), and watched "within the woods" (a sort of evil dead spiritual prequel) as well.  I  just watched Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead last night.  They are amazing movies, and I now consider them to be among my all-time favorites.

I've also been playing my way through some scary games lately, like Undying, Eternal Darkness, and Resident Evil 4.  Whenever I feel like slacking off in class I play IF; I did another playthrough of Shade in speech class last thursday, and I started my first game of Anchorhead, which is a horror game.  According to a review of it I read, it's more than just a little colored by Lovecraft's legends, which is cool.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 05:00:14 am

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 12:45:32 pm
Undying is a good game! I finished it last month sometime.

I should make a new avatar...

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:24 pm
I'm working on a new one for myself... might debut it on halloween yet if I get one more chain letter I might only have one phone call... Killing is bad, think of it in the other persons shoes.  Dying would totally ruin your week.

BUY Indigo Prophecy It is amazing!  I beat in in 15 hours in the course of 3 days but it is worth it!  Second thought... rent it and beat it over the weekend.  Not much replay value.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 10:03:33 pm
Nice, but I liked it better when it wasn't animated. You can't see the prettiness now. :(

Here, I remember your old avatar liked bouncing so I made it animate like that, except I added a bunch of (unnecessary?)secondary animation.

See? Now we can see the prettiness just fine. :p

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 02:12:15 pm
Omgwdf I wake up today (Halloween) and was so fricking sick I couldnt go to school, and now my 'rent says I can't pass out candy with my older brother. Bullskid. And I had to take four pills. That where huge.  :(
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 11:55:21 pm
Omgwdf I wake up today (Halloween) and was so fricking sick I couldnt go to school, and now my 'rent says I can't pass out candy with my older brother. Bullskid. And I had to take four pills. That where huge.  :(

Cry me a river.

Me and my friend were messing around, and his shoe flew off and hit me in the face. My nose is broken (well, it has been since last Wednesday, but I just found out today.)