AuthorTopic: Armoured ghoul + Fadatar  (Read 2961 times)

Offline DementedHero

• :3
    • View Profile

Armoured ghoul + Fadatar

on: May 31, 2007, 04:19:00 pm
Well, there was a little contest at another forum, something like king of the ring, design and pixel a monster, and people vote who wins. Something like that.

So, here is my WIP:

It's supposed to be some dark ghoul, in big armour, kind of gears of war style. Some big useless battered plane-engine like shoulderpads for looks.

I also got a fadatar, and yes, I'm sorry, it is runescape based  :mean:

Critique and/or comments/edits are always welcome.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Armoured ghoul + Fadatar

Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:36 am
The first one is really hot, has a lot of potential. Perhaps drop some red in there (slightly orangey red) or yellow. Work a little on the shapes too. Circles need to be circles. Keep composition in mind too, the design needs some extra elements to work...

Offline Presley

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:24:23 am
Glad I'm not competing against you yet*. The Ghoul is starting to look awesome, it needs more readability on the basic forms before you add more detail and speculars. More diversity in the palette couldn't hurt.

*It's Lovely from tif ;@

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:54:46 pm
Not crazy about the fadatar, not jsut because it's runescape based, but because it's quality seems alot lower than what I have come to expect form you, almost as if it is rushed. The ghoul, is great, though.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.