AuthorTopic: new  (Read 3877 times)

Offline jczy

• View Profile

new

on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:25 am
Im new to the forums, I have never tried to do a sprite of anykind the only thing I know is iso pixel art // Check out these few things and let me know what I can do to make these better..
This is a battlebot I made for a diff forum:

This is a living room that I had made just trying different things, its not complete:

This is actually the first pixel art I made, I think this one is kinda shitty:

And my fav, I work at a call center and I am trying to make it almost exactly like it, lemme know what you think about this:

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: new

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:52:45 am
Hard to critique pixel art when it's jpeg'd. It distorts and adds a lot of noise to the pieces, save as png or gif and edit your post.
Also, you should crop a lot of the empty canvas space before you post as well.

Offline jczy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:53:59 am
will do when i get back to work tomorrow, thats where my files are at ...

Offline jczy

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:34:09 pm
Ok, I got the new one, I havnt really worked on it in a while, what do you think about it now?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:20:55 am
Well, you're stuff's not very good, man...
I suggest you work on drawing with pencil and paper before you start pixeling.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:25:54 pm
Well, pencil and paper practice is always helpful, but in this case, i think the design is ok, the office looks nice. You mainly need to work on your colors. They are all too saturated, sometimes with too much contrast and other times witrh too little, and don't combine very well with each other, which forms an amateur and unrealistic look. I suggest playing with those color properties until it looks a bit better (get a program with good palette support, where you can just pick a color and play with sliders and see the pixels on the piece change immediately).

Offline jczy

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:09 am
yeah will do, I looked some stuff up online and dled some, im gonna try them out later, and I have a freind that is good with coloring so hes gonna help me out..

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 03:22:14 pm
Well, you're stuff's not very good, man...
I suggest you work on drawing with pencil and paper before you start pixeling.
I disagree entirely given the approach being taken with these pieces. When it comes to isometric, which is the bulk of what you are doing, pencil and paper wont help you much. Like has been said, saturation and shading are issues for you. Getting good colours is pretty much just playing around. I notice you show really no textures in any of the pieces this makes them look very lifeless. In addition that flame looks pillow shaded!!! You could also improve on forms a fair bit. Displaying depth, light and shape more precisely would probably involve changing your design method.
For instance; blotch down the general shapes you want for an object.
Apply the general light source and how it impacts on the main areas regarding to depth.
Finaly go in and do the pixel by pixel details.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.