Offline c0th

• View Profile

on: May 30, 2007, 03:50:56 am
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:42:45 pm by c0th »

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Re: Little WIP Man

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:25:47 am
I know Helm doesn't like one-liners or anything of that nature but, all I can really say to this is...

Damn.

It's really amazing, and I've been trying to find something wrong with it to crit, but it just didn't come up. :P Good work so far!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:34:32 am

It's really amazing, and I've been trying to find something wrong with it to crit, but it just didn't come up. :P Good work so far!

I wouldn't go as far as to call it amazing, it's not even finished! ... plus theres plenty wrong with it.

The anatomy is pretty messed up, it doesnt really look like wood, i know its still a wip, but the shading you have done looks a bit scrappy.  Some bits also seem a bit pillowy aswell and not having a cleary defined lightsource. 

perhaps try some hue shifting.

I just wanna go and put some ambient lighting all over this :P

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:25:41 am
perhaps try some hue shifting.

Um i think for the whole community totem pole thing he has to use a predefined palette amirite? ???

A few things bother me.
-It looks like hes stabbing through his cape with that dagger.
-anatomy is off, imo i would make the legs longer and the head less wide. It may also be too big but im not quite sure.
He also seems to be missing a muscle group in between his right arm and his pecs. With his arm in that position i think this would be visable.

yes you should finish it, keep it up.