AuthorTopic: house/shop  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Mathcong

• Mathcong_
    • View Profile

house/shop

on: January 05, 2020, 01:33:27 am
Howdy,

looking for some feedback on this house:

i feel like maybe the roof doesnt quite fit the rest of the house, even though i worked like 3 hours on it :p

this is some other art i finished, should be a similar style (ground tiles are missing i know):

Offline Mathcong

• Mathcong_
    • View Profile

Re: house/shop

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:13:04 am
Made some more houses, its a little village now :)

i feel like maybe i have some different styles of houses going on, should i change them to fit togheter more?

tried to limit the dark outlines as well, since there will be a character and npc's in front of them.

Offline Mathcong

• Mathcong_
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 11:47:08 pm
did some work on the watchtower and bridge:

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 06:00:33 pm
I honestly like everything here, except for how you rendered the pushcart, since you have some hard banding there, you should make the second brow shade  AA strips shorter on the bottom of the angled beams as you did on the top, avoiding having pairs of 4 pixels wide clusters vertically aligned.

As for the houses, I really don't have anything to add and I think they are very nice. I see no problem with the blue roof. Perhaps you are reading it as detached because there isn't a larger shadow beneath it like with the other two houses, but I wouldn't change what is working well. The houses do seem made of different materials, but they all look to be fitting in the same style to me :)

If I were to nitpick, perhaps the horizontal boards on the bottom of the middle house could be shaded differently than just a rectangular shade all around their shape. The same could be said of the horizontal suspended floors of the first house, and the fix would as little as pushing a few pixels on the extremities to avoid making the shadow hug the outline on the sides.

I love the palette and its clean use here by the way.

Offline Mathcong

• Mathcong_
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 11:01:25 am
Thanks for the detailed response Vinik,

Looking for those vertically alingned clusters is something i'll be doing more from now on.

fixed up alot of details, pretty happy with it for now :)

EDIT: the palette is ENDESGA 32 PALETTE on Lospec btw, if anyone was interested
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 11:03:22 am by Mathcong »