AuthorTopic: Isometric Tiles Project  (Read 3566 times)

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Isometric Tiles Project

on: October 29, 2005, 05:48:01 am
I've been working on this neat little javascript thingy for school and used a bunch of tiles from a challenge I had in a pixel art class I ran last year. I started getting new submissions for this year's class (Saturday nights, AIM me) and also from friends. If you wanna add a tile or two feel free to leave them here and I'll add them. I know someone had a php script for tiles, but this was for school for a javascript assignment anyway. Not too much C+C since some of it's not mine and it's too late to change a lot of it.

Check it out --> http://dreamisle.dexxent.com/tiles/

One of my tiles is my current avatar (as of 10/29/05).

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Isometric Tiles Project

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 09:53:57 pm
nifty work, the random tile generator thingy is quite useful for the presentation.
As for the actual art, I would say that the colors are rather generic looking and could be more interesting..

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 10:17:12 pm
 Of course it should have interesting colors. Try to desaturate a bit because when it appears too neon it can appear cartoony. Another thing is the hue variation of each shade. When it gets lighter, make it go more into yellow. When it gets darker, make it go more into purple or blue.

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 12:07:29 am
Thanks for the crits. I'll remember them for future projects, but as of now it's somewhat too late. Feel free to make tiles and post them!