AuthorTopic: Please I need crits X_X  (Read 3932 times)

Offline happip

• 0 30
    • View Profile
    • Pixélame!

Please I need crits X_X

on: October 28, 2005, 09:44:29 am

Hello!
This is a frame from an animation I'm making : ) I need some crits to improve it >_<
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:47:37 am by happip »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Please I need crits X_X

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:25:16 am
the only things that look a little off is that the path sort of looks like its ontop of the grass, add som grass growing on the path in some places and over growing around the edges.. and maybe add a lighter shade to the leaves in the trees  ???

I dunno, it really looks fantastic already :D
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:48:07 am
well, if you think you need soooo much crits, then tell us what you think is so wrong about it, and what exactly will be animated, an how.

The more we know about it, the better the crits.

what bugs ME the most about it, is that the separation from the far background to the close foreground is too harsh, it goes straight from a dark green to a dark purple, that kind of substracts to the realism, it even prevented me from noticing the beautiful (scanned then color reduced? looks like it may be...:p) sky. You should add a lot more green shades, and make the green get less and less saturated as it goes into the background while you make the hues bluer and bluer, so that in the end the leap to purple isnt as huge.

Also, the objects actually sticking out from the plains should get faded out too, it's a bit ugly how all of the far background trees are extremely simple, while the closer ones are so detailed. Make that more gradual too.

if you're out of ideas on how to do a landscape, maybe you can go to webshots.com and look for some pics in there.

Offline happip

• 0 30
    • View Profile
    • Pixélame!

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:13:17 am
about the sky, i took a photo i made for a lil reference (I don't like making skyes without ref. >_<), but i did it ^^ I know that it looks too detailed, if u compare it to the grass...
I'll try to add more shades then : ) thanks for the tips
About the animation, this is just a short scene, maybe I'll make a "stand" pose of the 3 characters, and the sky scrolling, but that's all, because after this, each character will be "focused" doing an attack in a closer view.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:17:28 am by happip »

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 03:43:23 pm
This is a really great picture, with a couple of exceptions: the shadows and the poses.

the shadows don't match up with the light source.  the characters should just have shadows pooling around their feet, like the monster does.

Also, the poses are a little stiff.  I made a small pic to show something a bit more dynamic:

is that boy wearing a cap or is that his hair? if it's the latter, it needs more texture.

I really like the trees and the design/execution of the monster.  good job so far.
rip ninjalicious