AuthorTopic: Cowboy versus Ninjas Mockup!  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Omenith

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Cowboy versus Ninjas Mockup!

on: May 20, 2007, 09:28:42 am
Hey all,

Just made a mockup for more practice... Subject was chosen on a whim. Critique on palette, background/foreground interaction or anything you might find awkward. Random comments accepted! :p

Fire away, yeehaw!

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: Cowboy versus Ninjas Mockup!

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 01:19:07 pm
I really like the sprites, but the background colours are imho a bit cold. Some warmer/darker colours could imo create more atmosphere
very very quick edit to show what I mean:

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 02:08:45 pm
I really like the sprites, but the background colours are imho a bit cold. Some warmer/darker colours could imo create more atmosphere
very very quick edit to show what I mean:

i second that edit.  the colors you have curently are TOO dull and draw away from the great athnespehre(sp) of the charicters
untz untz untz?

Offline Omenith

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 08:01:10 pm
Thanks guys,

I like your edit alot, philipptr! It's abit muddy but I understand what you're trying to do there. After a second look, I realize that the coldness of my lighting isn't believable unless its snowing in the environment so I took your suggestion to warm it up. I'm still trying to keep that japan winter feel though with the characters being at the edge of an old tall bamboo forest instead of within a jungle of bamboo trees.