AuthorTopic: critiques wanted for some sprites  (Read 3216 times)

Offline VileSlay

• View Profile
    • my DA site

critiques wanted for some sprites

on: October 27, 2005, 03:53:57 am
these were some front frames for some original sprites I was making for an rpgmaker game. I've since abandoned rpgmaker and these guys have been sitting around collecting digital dust. I'm gonna try to finish up the other frames, but I'd like some input.

fighter           dwarf           elf           hero

I know the hero is dark, but he's supposed to be wearing a leather overcoat over his armor. these were my first attempts at making original sprites. I've done a bunch of sprite mods before trying these.
Chaos is the true Order of the universe

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Re: critiques wanted for some sprites

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:57:58 am
I remember how hard it was to begin with a blank canvas instead of playing around with something preexisting from a game.

They look a bit flat, try to focus on the form of what you're drawing rather than giving it a cutout look. I can relate to it being a challenge, especially when working this small.
One thing you could do is use more contrast on the skin shades. That will help give more depth to the sprites.

Not bad at all for a first attempt at original work. Just keep studying work you like and it'll become more intuitive.  :)

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: critiques wanted for some sprites

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 12:32:44 am
some stuff... it's not good to work with bland grays, contrast your colors more, cut some of those colors out cuz your almost pillowing with all of them
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY