AuthorTopic: [WIP] Crap :(  (Read 2812 times)

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

[WIP] Crap :(

on: May 20, 2007, 12:23:42 am
Well, I've been trying to work with some hueshifts and I think it's going somewhat well, so I tried three different shades, and then one style with an extra dark green and one without a some grass I was working on.

I know the grass definitely needs major works and I'm still working on it. But what I'm really worried about is the hue shifting and whether it's looking good or terrible.

Tell me what you guys think.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Crap :(

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:34:57 am
looks pretty great to me. i dont see how you think that is bad. i have no comments on how to make it better though  :y:

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:37:44 am
the top row doesn't seem to make much sense to me. why did you add one shade that has the same brightness, or even darker as your bluest shade but that doesnt fit in your hue-shifted ramp?
I can't say I really like the lower ones, but I would rather use the colours on a proper picture, since a palette is always supposed to fit the mood of a scene, so it's hard to create a "good" palette without anything it's supposed to fit.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:15:23 am
I think maybe more vertical line in grass and remove brake circle pattern, something like in famous game FF  ;D I know this another isometric, but you may take from this something usefull for you ))