AuthorTopic: [WIP] Entangled HourGlass  (Read 2586 times)

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

[WIP] Entangled HourGlass

on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:56 pm
Well I was getting pretty bored and when I'm bored my mind goes blank so i started to mix colors that normally don't go together. My horrible result:

Well C&C is great. Any ideas on how to mix these colors more together? :huh:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: [WIP] Entangled HourGlass

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:08:17 pm
>>>

Just because the colors "don't mix" (which I assume you mean they clash?) doesn't mean they have to have zero contrast.  Your shades and highlights of each color are nearly identical....we want some value here!

As far as the actual structure of the hour glass itself; it is very hard to make out what it is....even after a bit more refining, it still just looks like a jumbled mess...I think you may want to work on this a bit....I know you're going for an entangled look, but it doesn't seem to be working for you yet.

I do have to give you props on a light source though--a consistent light source is the key to more credible art.

For the future...if/when you finish this piece, I'd highly suggest you try to duplicate an actual image; it won't seem like you are learning anything...but you'll learn how colors contrast and how light reacts and stuff like that.  Good luck!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Entangled HourGlass

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 10:49:47 pm
ya i guess you are right i should use a picture to look off of ;D