AuthorTopic: Arr! We like pirates!  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Arr! We like pirates!

on: October 26, 2005, 04:45:53 pm
So as i can see from the pirate challange - Pirates are cool. Therefore i have made one :S I have never done a pixel this size before. So i need C&C please. Here it is!:

Thank you,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Benuel

• View Profile

Re: Arr! We like pirates!

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 12:09:15 pm
Howdy,

I'm liking the style of this guy, specially the head.

Shape: Nothing to crit really, except for maybe that his arms are a little thin in places. Good job.

Colours: I think the jackets colours would look better if they were bolder and stood out. Raise the saturation a little to do this. Otherwise I like this, although his face is a little strange it could work.

Shading: This is where this guy falls down. You should read some tutorials on shading techniques. You can find great tutorials on dithering, and I think this is a skill that would greatly improve your work. The trousers look a little flat, and the majority of him is pillow shaded. Good job on the wood though ;)

Peace,
B

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Re: Arr! We like pirates!

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:29:00 am
Well, thanks for your comments. I always dither all my other pieces and i was thinking that i might do this piece. Now you have said that i think i will.

Also - Pillow shading? The only thing i think that looks slightly pillow like is the shirt?

Thanks alot,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!