AuthorTopic: Pixel contest at IGN  (Read 8334 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Pixel contest at IGN

Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 06:17:01 am
I think I've got the head done
quite a tedious process, plus you have to keep in mind the final product is displayed at 50%.. lots of over AA needed
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rynen10K

• ¿¡┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 04:27:02 pm
CONTEST ENDS MAY 31st!

Ruleses: http://microsites.ign.com/nintendo/drawntolife/dtl_rules.html

How to Enter. Entries will only be accepted through the Drawn to life application. To enter, visit http://microsites.ign.com/nintendo/drawntolife/index.html and complete the entry form, including the entrant’s name, age, street address, email and phone number. Entrants should submit the completed entry form along with their Contest character drawing through http://microsites.ign.com/nintendo/drawntolife/index.html. Entries should be as high resolution as possible and all character drawings should be 1024x768 minimum, but should not exceed 2 megabytes in disk space. Only complete entries (with all the information as requested below) will be accepted as a submission. Entries will be accepted between May 16, 2007 and May 31, 2007 (the "Contest Period"). No other methods of entry will be accepted. Only one entry per name and email address will be accepted. All entries become the property of THQ and will not be returned. THQ assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, postage due, incorrect, late or misdirected entries, or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. THQ is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic or other communications. THQ, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the website, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these official rules.

So are we sending in character designs in along with the pixels, or are these automatically being converted to hi-res JPEGs for us?  :-\

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 01:41:30 am
Heh, i remember hearing about this. 

Your buddy, eh?  That Jeremiah guy?   He was talking about hiring me as an assistant background artist and they suddenly stopped responding halfway through wage negotiation, nobody ever told me why.  I'm not holding a grudge or anything, i just thought it was very strange >.<.

Its an interesting project no doubt, if a slight bastardization of the pixel art aspect ^^
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rynen10K

• ¿¡┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:35 pm
Well, I submitted mine a couple days ago... but I haven't gotten any confirmation that they received it.

Oh well, guess I gotta wait til the end of the month...

Offline Rynen10K

• ¿¡┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 09:49:45 pm
Wait, wut-

Entries will be accepted between May 16, 2007 and May 31, 2007 (the "Contest Period").

followed by

One (1) grand prize winner and four (4) runner-up winners will be selected by THQ on May 25, 2007. All winners will be notified by May 30, 2007 via email

Guh? So, the winners are chosen before the contest is over? ???

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 05:41:40 am
Er... Instead of asking us, ask IGN as they are holding the contest.

Offline Rynen10K

• ¿¡┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 08:24:23 pm
I wasn't so much asking as pointing it out, but, yeah, I probably should ask and find out for sure...

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 07:22:02 am
SOUNDS VERY CONFUSING AND FRUSTRATING
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!

Offline Rynen10K

• ¿¡┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 05:50:17 pm
The contest was supposed to be over like 2 weeks ago... I wonder what happened?  ???
I guess I'll post my entry if I don't hear anything about the contest in a couple of days... Did anyone else submit anything?