Critique > Pixel Art

Side-view character; having trouble with shading

(1/4) > >>

SilverBrick:
Hey all, gonna keep this short since it's 4:30am where I am now. I'm having trouble with shading this character I made - the arms and hands especially.

Thanks in advance!

SilverBrick:
Changed up the shading and tried a stretching pose:

MysteryMeat:
your drawing kinda suffers from a lack of structure. As is, it's basically an HD stick figure.

I highly reccomend starting this design over with more of a structured approach, the poses are a good start so try and recreate that with one of these bad boys:

Mistajaye:
I disagree,

Your structure is spot on IMO. Here is something I'd try, dunno if it's your style but I thought I'd give it a stab. Overall the Work is Solid and style speaks for itself. He has Character. I added 3 shades, my approach was to add real-time lighting and visible range around the right leg and arm to give it distance from the viewer and/or audience. I know I say this to pretty much everything I reply to, but I cannot wait to see the final product yo! No doubt. GL and HF and I hope this helps. I understand if it doesn't match the style you were going for~ Basically I just wanted to see what I could do. No more no less.

MysteryMeat:
I... 100% disagree with that assessment, mistajaye. This sounds a lot more harsh than I intend, but this current iteration is a step removed from a stick figure. Here's a blue-line go-over with some notes on what I'm seeing wrong.

It's clear they're going for a specific art style, but the lack of structure on display is holding it down a lot.

Heres a very quick VERY rough re-ssketch I did, I tried to keep in mind the goals of the piece as I perceive them doing this. My linework isn't exactly the best when i'm freehanding it, but you can see how I've reworked the pose and tried to make areas like the legs flow a bit better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version