AuthorTopic: need help feminizing  (Read 14862 times)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Re: need help feminizing

Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 09:08:37 am
I think you can bring the eye down a tad. Perk the lips a tad inwards from the sides as the length gives a more flat and sort of sad/serious expression. I think the subtly open lips is a good idea as it is an expression that is fairly feminine and you wont see many guys doing it as oppose to the tight lips pressed together. your nose also looks quite defined, soft definition will really bring a sense of femininity. oh and also a bit more emphasis on the shape of the eye socket will make the cheek look more correct. I hope some of this rambling makes sense here is an edit.

I would say fork in a toasters edits make the character look far too young, mine also could use some work but i hope you can get some ideas from it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:10:12 am by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 10:57:45 am
drag - a nice edit, but she isn't happy - its a story bit - she may be heiress to the Duchy of Lorraine, but her family, country, and lifestyle have recently been torn apart and she is living in the fields :P.  This also explains the tangled hair, if not the ridiculous eyeshadow ^^

fork - i like your edit, and may well use it as a reference for a different character's face :)

thanks mostly to zeid for this one - lowering the eye worked wonders.  still looks funny at 1x but at 2x and 3 x i am satisfied.

still taking crits, but I'm moving on now to the rest of the piece :)

still on the topic of femininity, how does this piece work?  early WIP for pixeljoint - its time i actually participated over there

C+C away :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:04:31 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 11:42:32 am
the body is okay, but the face isn't very feminine, yet. Too strong segmentation and such.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 01:47:14 pm

In your latest update for this i think you've flattened her nose a bit too much. Reminds me of 'evil' old women with those spikey flat noses... if that makes any sense atall. Also, seems like you've moved her nostrils up, which makes her look like she's disgusted at something (rather than upset.. or whateverrr). Anyway, i find it a bit too distracting, so i just thought i'd mention it. Oh yeah also i think her eyes may be a bit tooo low, or that's just because the image is next to the others.

Lol ANYWAY, love the stuff dood, keep it up.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 06:34:50 pm
the body is okay,

lol, if helm passed up a chance to drop one of his anatomic bombs, then im satisfied with it :P

but the face isn't very feminine, yet. Too strong segmentation and such.

perhaps the word "feminine" is misleading; i just want female, not girly (or even particularly attractive).  the portrait got a lot of supermodel edits :P

is it too strong though to just be female?
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 07:44:07 pm
Well given that it's fitted to a female body, I'm sure nobody will say 'gosh, that looks like a man!'. Supermodel edits... a lot of the time with the pixels we're talking you're either drawing a pretty woman, or a nondescript-looking man (I mean an average girl at small resolutions looks like a guy). Finer characteristics are womanly, what can we do.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 08:17:00 pm
You're trying to cram too much detail into to small an area.

I tried to stay away from supermodel, though from what I gather you'll probably still think this is too close.
I also changed the hair slightly, as I thought yours looked very manish.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 09:21:13 pm
faceless i have to say, while i appreciate your time, that doesnt seem to me to have anything famle about it, and the crazy-eyed sneer is not really where i want to go with this, sorry
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 09:52:43 pm

I didn't worry much about the shading, just some kind of facial structure for the female.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 11:06:58 pm
faceless i have to say, while i appreciate your time, that doesnt seem to me to have anything famle about it, and the crazy-eyed sneer is not really where i want to go with this, sorry

Eh, looked like a devil-lady to me. :-[
I'll make another edit that's meant to look more angelic (just found out about the challenge at pixeljoint.)
Second attempt:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:29:53 pm by Faceless »