AuthorTopic: Cubicle Worker [WIP]  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Cubicle Worker [WIP]

on: May 09, 2007, 05:43:25 pm

Alright this is John Doe, your standard cubicle worker. John enjoys his job very much because he is a simple man with simple needs... But woe is John, he has no hair and limbs!

Hair has been very frustrating and I was wondering if anyone could help me here.  ;D

I don't know whether he will have more than an upper body because I think I should make this into maybe like a chat screen mockup for fun.

This is obviously going for a cartoon style because there is no real light source and I seem to be enjoying that style as of recent.

C&C what I have so far and please help if you can.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:46:44 pm by Alucard »

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Re: Cubicle Worker [WIP]

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:58:38 am

UPDATE!

-Added hair (not proud of it but I needed something for the time being)
-I straightened the face
-Dropped the eyes and eye brows by a pixel each
-Made the mouth smaller

C&C please.

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:53:50 am
I think you should throw a really straight look about the arms. This type of piece in my eyes shouldn't have to be anatomically correct. Just keep with the cartoony look. I'm loving. Maybe instead of really indepth shading just try some highlights.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:37:13 am
Look who's just joined hair club for men! No, seriously.

I took a pass at an edit, I hope you don't mind. I hope you weren't under any color restrictions, as the colors you we're using...not so great.
Everything, over-saturated(255), looks like the old windows pallete...

The line art works great, but I wanted to really break free from the black outlines of doom and give it a more volume-ous look...

Oh, and I'm very sorry it looks like Mr. George Dub'yah bush , just turned out that way :)

Yours-

-->
Mine-

I then proceeded to totally hijack your idea like some insane rabbit ninja...Errrr...make a full body for fun...again, hope you don't mind. He kinda grew on me, creepy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:01:03 am by Draco9898 »

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:57:33 am

I have murdered the black lines and added basic shading to the face!

I need to work on the shirt, pants, shoes, and I still want to make some better hair.

And I do not mind if edits are done, I'm actually a wee bit flattered that you would take the time to do it.   :lol:

I also thought of an interesting game idea in which you run around as this character through assorted floors of an office building dodging "bad vibes" and boosting the morale of other workers.

C&C please!

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 08:06:31 pm
I like the idea of the game, but the simplicity of this peice bothers me. There is too little shading, and for me, it if not styleized enough to be cartoony, right now, It jsut looks like a lack of effort. I don't mean to be rude, but thats what it appears to be in my eyes. Anyways..I could jsut be in a bad mood, if I offened you, apologies.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 08:45:09 pm
I really like where this is going, the basic shading on the face I'm really digging. Looks nice and smooth the way cheeks ought to be!  :hehe:

But as a suggestion for when you do the hair, add maybe like a couple pixels of dithering at the base with a dark color to make it look sort of course but smooth at the same time. Hold on I'll see if I can visualize what I mean.

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 03:36:40 pm
To Madar - Alright I hope you can so I can be sure I understood what I said.

To Malor - Hey you cant please everyone but atleast you enjoyed my game idea!

I also want to point out yesterday was my birthday and I would have posted earlier but I got home at around 11 at night because I was with my friends watching 28 Weeks Later.