AuthorTopic: need help with sprite.  (Read 2889 times)

Offline VileSlay

• View Profile
    • my DA site

need help with sprite.

on: October 24, 2005, 06:56:58 am
hey there. new guy looking for some help here. critiques and tipps are needed here. I'm working on a sprite mod for doom2. the image should be a .bmp is posted as a .gif because photobucket keeps converting .bmp to .jpeg for some reason.

I call it the Baroness of Hell. if you are not offended by unsexy, shriveled demon breats, a sketch of it can be found here. if thats a TOS violation I will remove it.

I've done little in the way of original sprite work, doing mostly mods. the sprite is the archvile body with a hell knight head. I've modified the archvile chest to make it female and the legs and horns on the above image are all original. I need help on how to color the legs and make them look hairy. the hair is going to be green in color, hence the the solid placeholder colors. I'm not very happy with the horns or the glowing green eyes either. I may just eliminate the glowing eyes.
Chaos is the true Order of the universe

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Re: need help with sprite.

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:46:05 am
Wow, that picture brings back memories of a game that I spent way to much time playing and making levels for.  ;D

I made an attempt at editing the legs but it's way beyond what I am able to do right now. I think doom sprites have so many colors because they're edited photos of clay models. I remember seeing the model of the spider mastermind in a magzaine and it looked awesome.