AuthorTopic: [WIP] Turtle  (Read 2928 times)

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

[WIP] Turtle

on: May 04, 2007, 10:32:03 pm
I was working on a turtle between spare times along with my egg, the turtle however has been suffering, while I try to digest thoughts over the egg.  :'( That's beside the point, I can't seem to figure getting a more shapely appearance to the different little things on the shell as well as the shading is terrible imo. Needs abusive C + C

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Turtle

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:54:19 pm
Add some contrast to the green parts....
The top part of the shell looks fine, though I feel it should be brown rather than green. You don't really have to do any more texture to it than what you already have.
The under side could use a bit of texturing as well.

For the contrast I would suggest adding another lighter green for the highlights.

Aside from that, it's looking great!

Offline Reldros

• 100 years of rain.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:08:01 pm
from what i saw (mentioned by snippa) the bottom could use more texturing, and it looks like you didn't use many/all of the yellowish shades on it.

black outlines aren't good either; pardon me if you were planning to change that though.

as for the top texture, you could try something like this:

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:28:48 pm
Reldros, that seems to just make the turtle lumpy, not really textured. I think Snippa is correct, the top of the shell is fine texture-wise, but the bottom could use texture.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Reldros

• 100 years of rain.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:56:24 pm
Reldros, that seems to just make the turtle lumpy, not really textured. I think Snippa is correct, the top of the shell is fine texture-wise, but the bottom could use texture.
eh, you're right. i hadn't looked at a picture of a real turtle first.
good luck on finishing this madartisan. :y: