AuthorTopic: Self Portrait/Vexel  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Self Portrait/Vexel

on: May 02, 2007, 08:40:06 pm
Whoops I thought I had already posted that one here...

I will do an animated bg someday soon(hopefully) - this will be for my next web-portfolio(an element of the website itself) stuff.
Colours aren't optimized I know that and that I aa'ed the hair when I'm planning to do a bg istn't very clever yea :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:59:24 pm by Niss »

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Re: Self Portrait/Vexel

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:28:31 pm
hey, this is looking really good. i love the way the jacket is done. some discrepancies regarding face structure though, could we get a reference or something? that way I could judge according to how you look since it's a self portrait.

so yeah I don't know but your mouth/chin area looked a bit off so I quickly did this

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:39:43 pm by alkaline »

Offline candiru

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:08:43 pm
I like the original better, I'm guessing it's an expression.
Nice shading, except the hair, which has none.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 05:01:32 pm
If I try to move my mouth into that position, my left eye squints a bit.
The shading on the blue part of his jacket, to the left of screen is really inconsistant with the shading on the rest of the piece.

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:30:04 am
@faceless: So true. That jacket gave me much trouble - you mean the right side right? cool thank's for the eye hint you're right about that.
@alkaline: Hmm I can't give you an exact reference for this - I used a mirror and made some quick sketches first and then went strait to the pixel-pushing (still with a mirror in front of me - cool eh mixing old and new techniques?  :P )

(quick and dirty sketches - just to get into the mood really)
I can show a photo of me of course but I have cut my hairs since then

I don't think this is of much use though - the webcam warped my face (I may have a long face but not that long) and I didn't get the exact same "stance" here - I just woke up ok :)
I will continue to work on this promised - after all I at least want to do the bg(that's why I didn't texture the hair yet - I want to use these for reflections from lights from the bg) but it could take me some time.
EDIT: eh to faceless again: Oh you wrote "the left side". That's right it is completely off, but that's on purpose. I wanted to create more "weight" for the eye there hence texturing gone wild. But yeah I might do it with some fitting folds or something.
thx again everybody
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:37:50 am by Niss »