AuthorTopic: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)  (Read 273227 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)

Reply #340 on: February 27, 2009, 02:16:19 am
Eyecraft, I'll definitely give that a go next time I pick it up. :)

Dusty, I love the smoothness you've got going. Though EyeCraft's statement about a roof made me unsure on if that's a sidewalk as I had thought @_@ The tones make it seem like it's almost on the same plane to me. Rock'n yellow smudges and cracks!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #341 on: February 27, 2009, 02:41:43 am
@Dusty: I like the style, but there definitely needs to be some balance introduced, in terms of contrast. I like the pastel-y feel, but you'll need some shadow to break it up and control how it reads. Also, I'm assuming its a top-down view, with a + intersection of roads and the roof of a building? When I first saw it the left part of the road actually looked like a 3/4 view wall of the roof.
Dusty, I love the smoothness you've got going. Though EyeCraft's statement about a roof made me unsure on if that's a sidewalk as I had thought @_@ The tones make it seem like it's almost on the same plane to me. Rock'n yellow smudges and cracks!
Well buildings aren't in there yet and I hope to add some nice contrast with dark contrasting shadows being cast from the buildings. I don't want to make the sidewalks, grass, and street feel separate though, as I intend to make it all feel like they're one solid ground(for the player to navigate one), while also making them feel merged and unified via time and lack of upkeep.

Like I said though, contrast is definitely something I need to address, but I'm so comfortable with these colors right now in working with them I don't want to start changing them yet... if you get what I mean.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #342 on: March 01, 2009, 03:20:32 am

Fshshhhwasdf lost interest. its a lizard man he need not follow human anatomy ._.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #343 on: March 01, 2009, 12:48:19 pm
A lizard MAN, right?  Then why he has breasts?  Amphibian gynecomastia? :)

Glad you liked my Ślimo! ;)
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #344 on: March 01, 2009, 02:20:48 pm
Amphibian gynecomastia?

yes  :P

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #345 on: March 01, 2009, 09:11:15 pm

Some quickly done mocks; an hour or less on each.

An animation that I'm not really pleased with. The timing is off, and the leaf looks rather stiff because of the way I chose to animate it. Probably won't revisit it unless I'm redoing it completely.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:18:11 pm by Doppleganger »

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #346 on: March 01, 2009, 11:53:09 pm
Delicious colors and clarity as usual Doppleganger. For the animation, I think you could add more pounce by bunching up the flagella some on that frame before the jump.

Oldish unfinished idle and bird's eye practice.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #347 on: March 04, 2009, 07:26:39 pm
Hitting the books on color a few years too late..... on that note, pretty lovely colors Doppelganger  ;D

While i like the stuff you have there atnas, the animated one looks masculine, so the bouncy chest makes it very uncomfortable to me :blind:.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #348 on: March 04, 2009, 10:54:31 pm
Good eye, the sprite was originally male, the feminization occured midway through. It's unfinished so I'm not sure how I would have taken it, but seeing as to how I have recieved several comments on gender  :-[ it is something I will try to address more carefully in future works with SCIENCE

and yes it is quite creepy regardless of the rest of the body what was I thinking. Something akin to the musclebaby thought process?  :P

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #349 on: March 05, 2009, 07:59:36 am
I think the most fun thing about the boob bounce is that it looks like the boobs have no gravity and are suspended in midair while the body moves : D
' _ '