AuthorTopic: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)  (Read 273213 times)

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Re: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)

Reply #420 on: July 03, 2010, 02:37:27 am
Helm says: Additionally, you may post sloppy, preliminary, unfinished-not-to-be-finished pixel art here if you feel like it. But you still have to keep it clean, lol!

I thought I'd try animating something.  Also trying to balance size against detail.  Sloppy and not to be finished.

Tourist
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:39:52 am by Tourist »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #421 on: July 06, 2010, 04:51:51 am

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #422 on: July 15, 2010, 06:57:54 pm

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #423 on: July 17, 2010, 01:45:39 am

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #424 on: August 29, 2010, 06:08:15 am

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #425 on: September 18, 2010, 02:00:24 am

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #426 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:10 pm
@dusty: Just for kicks? Also, why not post in the main section? I think the bush came out best so far. It gives a nice hint of how nice it could look, if broke with the blockiness a bit. Also the shade of the tree, as well as the moss on the wall looks a bit too averaged out, no hard edges/no discernible structure. I'd go for the thicker outline of the bush for most of the rest too.

@cow: niceness all over. Torso of leather-jacket facing a different angle than the rest of him. The collar/zipper doesn't define the volume correctly, would need to bulge more to the left.

For lack of concept, gogo gadgeto doodle post.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:49:17 pm by miascugh »

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #427 on: October 02, 2010, 04:52:02 am
Ugh, suffering from creativity block.  To try and break it I used some random generators at Seventh Sanctum (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/) and Serendipity (http://nine.frenchboys.net/index.php) and got some things like:

The promiscuous, worldwise female half-Basilisk necromancer. She has a voluptuous build. Her non-human ancestry gives her a horribly inhuman appearance.

The clever, sheltered female half-Air Elemental illusionist. Her wardrobe is severe. She appears far more non-human than human.

The tactless male half-Gorgon alchemist with a large fortune. He body is one half human - one half taking after his non-human ancestor.

---

This wise lady has large eyes the color of coffee with cream. Her luxurious, curly, amber hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a dustball. She is short and has an angular build. Her skin is pale. She has a wide forehead and a large mouth. Her wardrobe is mysterious.

This noble man has narrow eyes the color of smoke. His fine, curly, slate-gray hair is medium-length and is worn in an exotic, carefully-crafted style. He has a feminine build. His skin is cream-colored. He has knobby ears. His wardrobe is practical and businesslike, with a lot of yellow.

A little mixing and matching, and I doodled these two. 

A half basilisk necromancer with amber hair and mysterious(?) clothing.
A half air-elemental with dark curly hair and severe clothing - I don't know what would count as severe clothing, I stopped here.
Didn't start the half-gorgon male.

About 2 hrs each, I'm slow.  I doubt I'll go any further with them, but I think I can say I'm comfortable with faces. Not sure if the creativity block is broken yet.

As a side note, the random generators on these pages could also be used for a contest / activity here at Pixelation.

Tourist

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #428 on: October 02, 2010, 07:31:30 am

About 2 hrs each, I'm slow.
I'm all about the journey, but that seems kind of bad. D: What program are you using? I know that pixelling lowres faces with many colors can be quite the timesink in trying to convey everything you want to convey (especially if you're attempting a likeness), but usually it's best to focus on the whole holistic effect of the piece before your brain turns to mush and you need fresh eyes, in my opinion.

I'm going to do some things based on those generators, give me a moment. :)

edit:

The deformed race that resembles the angels of earth mythology. They change genders as they age. They are notoriously laid-back. Their government is a meritocracy. They are regarded virtually as gods by some races. Another race uplifted them to sentience. They come from a high-gravity, watery, resource-rich world that has many moons.

Might make a topic for and finish this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:39:19 am by Cow »

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #429 on: October 02, 2010, 05:28:32 pm

About 2 hrs each, I'm slow.
I'm all about the journey, but that seems kind of bad. D: What program are you using? I know that pixelling lowres faces with many colors can be quite the timesink in trying to convey everything you want to convey (especially if you're attempting a likeness), but usually it's best to focus on the whole holistic effect of the piece before your brain turns to mush and you need fresh eyes, in my opinion.

Two hours by the file timestamps.  Some of that was spent browsing the web, eating snacks, and the like, but most of it was pixelling.  Since I can't point to any other useful result from that time I have to conclude that I'm absurdly slow.  Program was mtPaint; an ok program but nothing special.

Nice images btw, both the man with gun and the one based on the generators.  Do you plan to finish the one with the species description?

Tourist