AuthorTopic: Working with a new custom style..  (Read 2589 times)

Offline That One Guy

• Project Faust Head Designer
    • View Profile

Working with a new custom style..

on: April 30, 2007, 10:30:04 am
Just trying different things with a new custom style I've been thinking about..

Yes, I'm aware that it looks like he's arching his neck out a lot. I've not gotten around to fixing that yet.

:\

C+C please. I'll post a reply at about 4 PM, when I get back from school. Edits will be made by request if I don't have any homework.
--Project Faust
Current Game
-~Castle Of The Dying Moon~-

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Re: Working with a new custom style..

Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:43:58 am
the hair blends in a bit too much on the blonde dude face. is he supposed to wear an eye patch or glasses? it's hard to tell.
add in some AA on everything including that cool Zorry mark :)

maybe fix anatomy somewhat on the red-haired one? his head is somewhat misplaced... too much too the right and stuck right onto his left shoulder.. (the right shoulder from viewer-point)
What's the red patch by his knees? looks like he's trying to take a dump or something... sorry if I'm too harsh on critique, but I can't really explain it in a better way... Also, use some white here and there to add shinyness on perhaps the blade and the armour. (depending on what kind of armour it is  :crazy:)

other than that, well done! the guy with the sword reminds me alittle of the main char from Chaos Gate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLnUu-Odn0

I hope you find any of my c useful  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:49:30 am by Elrinth »
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Working with a new custom style..

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 01:05:15 pm
1st has better legs, 2nd has better torso.

Hard to crit pose when the purpose is exploring style, perhaps you could say a bit more about what you want these to do?

neither face reads at all

both work ok against plain backgrounds, though id be interested in seeing what happens when you put them on whatever bg they would actually play on, im worried you may lose some important forms and get ugly jaggies in a few places
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.