AuthorTopic: some game pixels...  (Read 7213 times)

yosh64

some game pixels...

on: April 27, 2007, 03:04:42 pm
hey

Well these are the first WIP of some of the enemies for the first stage of a new lil game I'm now working on. Hmm, you can read a lil more about it here.

I don't like them very much at the moment, but hopefully I can change them or something so I do.

and again...
-> ->

cyas
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 04:20:37 pm by yosh64 »

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Re: some game pixels...

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:45:07 pm
background color makes it really tough to judge

Offline candiru

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 05:15:24 pm
These are quite nice actually, especially the owl thing and the dog thing, the other thing is kind of hard to say what it is. These could work well depending on how the background is set up and how they're animated.

Oh, the thing is supposed to be a scarecrow. I read the other thread, some interesting ideas there, good luck with it.

Offline Stitchy

• A ghost wandering the shore
    • View Profile
    • That one place everyone hates.

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:07:25 pm
Pretty neat. I like the dark shadows. O: The wolf/dog's back end looks a little funny, though. It might be hard to animate.
Be it, so be quick
Don’t run, just walk and walk and walk
Don’t lose yourself, to decorate
Somewhere on your wall 'Cause somewhere in your mind You know you are doing fine Holding secret hair locks You’ll pluck before you hide

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 11:36:26 pm
i think we need to stick to a top down lightsource, because when they flip in the opposite direction, does the sun flip with them?

ill start working on the charicters soon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:55:26 pm by eck »
untz untz untz?

yosh64

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 06:25:23 am
hey

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm feeling a bit better about it now :).

Well I started on the scarecrow animation, just done some of the face. Hmm, I think it took me longer to figure how to get the animation to export correctly from mtpaint than it did for me to pixel. I also had to take it into gimp and change the timing. Ohh, and I forgot to change the background color :\.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:34:21 am by yosh64 »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 08:44:18 pm
ok, i had finished the ghost dude, but then my computer crashed (again) and i lost him  :'( :'(

i dont feel like working on him again yet, so what should our hero look like?  ill start him.

edit:  actually, i kinda had an idea in my head, so ima sketch it out and see how it looks.
untz untz untz?

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 12:43:52 am
and to show im not just a lazy bum, i pixeled something.

yay or nay, yosh?
untz untz untz?

yosh64

Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 04:28:22 am
hey

Nice work, it's a start :).

Anyhows I done an edit below.

Firstly, I thought the character was to large/tall, compared to the enemies I've already started, and such I made a tad smaller. I also changed the shading to my liking :), for me it would be hard to animate otherwise. BTW, I don't mind breaking proportions or whatever, as this isn't meant to be realistic or anything. Hmm, well the size doesn't matter if it's just concept art, and it'd probably be wise to pixel at whatever size you prefer for concepts.

Well, I think your character looks to be a stylised viking, looks to have some cool goggles of sorts, hehe :). Hmm, I seem to have turned it into some sorta space man, hehe. I'm not sure about this character, but it's cool to show your visions and such, and maybe we can develop from this or something.

But yea, I removed the sword and helmet spikes, cause I don't want the main character to represent danger, or umm... destruction in any way. Hmm, I myself don't want the player to have any weapons and such, nor beable to attack directly. Hmm, if you don't agree with this, then maybe we can figure out something.

Anyhows, I think the more ideas and concepts we have the better :). You can always use them in future projects or whatever.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:41:21 am by yosh64 »

yosh64

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 05:35:15 am
hey

Well I will put some ideas for the player here. I'll just edit this when/if I do more.

<- pogo joe
<- monkey magic... but don't wanna use fella :)
<- fishhead... another silly one :)

cyas
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 08:10:47 am by yosh64 »