AuthorTopic: Fat dragon pixel!  (Read 17956 times)

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Re: Fat dragon pixel!

Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 10:39:12 am
His nose and mouth confuse the crap outa me  :mean: what is going on there, his tongue is green at the bottom and doesnt even come out of his mouth
The teeth/horns seem to be their own bit, not comming from the mouth area (is it meant to be like this)

I do like the wonky nostrels tho  :D

I also like how he has man boobs.

It is actually a statue at my house it head comes off the body so you can stick those smelly things inside it and it burns and makes smoke come out of its nose
Well if it would help ill do an overview of it...

Its head tilts back off from its body thats how its a mouth
The pieces of bone on top of its mouth are not teeth they are tusks :D
The holes nexdt to the tusks is its mouth thats why its sectioned off from the tusks
the purple squiggle is its dragon whisker type thing
i dont see how the nostrels cause confuse the shit out of you
the part under the nostrels is its chin
the flabby section under its chin is its neck since fat people hardly havve a neck thats how ive pursued it
and since its not a human i chose for it to hardly have a neck and have tits drooping from its supposive neck area since there is no right or wrong way about it

slight edit

o btw here it is on PJ http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/23406.htm comment and rate it if you will ^.~
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:54:43 am by jedzed »

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 02:01:16 pm
I think it would help if you moved the tooth closest to us a bit up and made it clearer that it's attached to the upper jaw. The same goes for the whisker.

The shading is a bit inconsistent. If the light is coming from above, everything should be shaded the same way, i.e. with the highlight close to the top of the shape. Think of your dragon as a bunch of spheres piled together. Also, the head and arm should be casting shadows on the body.

Otherwise, good work. He has a lot of character. :)

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 04:21:13 pm
there was a point when making this when i tried putting shadows udner the arm and head but since it was lighted from 2 directions it was kinda hard for me to figure i might go over it though, also i agree with moving its tusks up it looks much better and i aslo agree with the shading being inconsistant i chose to dither him all the way through to give him and aged leathery look i had the perfect pallete too but there wasnt much colours to work with sicne most of the dragon is made up of 4 colours x_x

I think it would help if you moved the tooth closest to us a bit up and made it clearer that it's attached to the upper jaw. The same goes for the whisker.

The shading is a bit inconsistent. If the light is coming from above, everything should be shaded the same way, i.e. with the highlight close to the top of the shape. Think of your dragon as a bunch of spheres piled together. Also, the head and arm should be casting shadows on the body.

Otherwise, good work. He has a lot of character. :)

i think i will try and have a go at reshading him ^.^
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:41:41 pm by jedzed »

Offline jedzed

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 09:06:43 pm
meh... sorry for reviving a way paste dead post but my pc broke lmfao. ive done a little work on it since arachnes edit only the head and top end of the torso but let me say its looking mighty fine.

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 01:31:40 am
I gotta say, when I first saw this piece, I wasn't really liking it. But You've really done a nice job improving it.  Its been crafted into a fine piece of art. keep up the good work.
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 03:18:17 am
As far as the shading on the arms go...   ::) I'm sure this is a slightly immoral reference, but see this.
It's not really as 'compartmentalized' (wow, actual word)...the light hitting the 'folds' doesn't go into each fold individually (well sort of if you look at the reference's right arm), but instead, the light kind of bleeds into the next fold...and the shading doesn't define the whole crease, just the dark parks of the crease.  So I guess I'm saying that you should keep that in mind...though it almost seems like you've got a start to that anyways.  :y:
Moving on.
The belly looks dramatically better, good work; some cleaning and polishing here and there, and the belly will be looking amazing.  You might want to check out the spikes on the tail--if they are as shiny as the belly, they'd probably have some of the lightest orange on them.
Also, nice to see the shadow of the arm now. You've come quite a ways with this.  Can't wait to see it finished up  :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:33:01 am
Rydin's right. Go back to the start of this thread and you've made some great improvements. It's looking awesome  :y: (And LOL about the Chinese kid. He looks so cute. Can you tell that I'm a dad?).

I have to agree, though, about the tongue. I wonder if it would read better if you drop it down into the corner of the mouth, rotating it so that the tip stays in the same white space as it does now?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 02:40:09 pm
the latest update was just pixelled over Arachne's edit.  not very well either, you just dithered over a couple areas.  Go back to *your* version and do it yourself.  The point of edits are to give you direction - not the answer.

-Dan
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:41:41 pm by Indigo »