AuthorTopic: badger, pirate, and old character  (Read 10494 times)

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Re: badger, pirate, and old character

Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 06:26:34 pm
breasts are anime inspired.

- crit crit crit. i want to get this one as smooth as possible.

______ health saving space ______ 

also tea beard update in 1st post.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 06:57:21 pm by willfaulds »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 02:31:48 am
This rotation animation is great.  :y: The one on the left seems better for the headband. The one on the right the highlight disappears too quickly, but the one on the
left it fades nicely or something. I don't like the arms on you're avatar maybe they are too thick and long and come from wrong spot.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:36 am
This rotation animation is great.  :y: The one on the left seems better for the headband. The one on the right the highlight disappears too quickly, but the one on the
left it fades nicely or something. I don't like the arms on you're avatar maybe they are too thick and long and come from wrong spot.

word... i agreed with everything sharprm says  :D

also, try to shrink the girls breasts somewhat ;) it looks like her legs are attached to her breasts and that her stomach doesn't exist
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 09:49:28 am
______ health saving space ______ 

interesting. these are exactly the same animation just a different frame order (reversed) but the right one does look less smooth - ive adjusted it to be a bit better but any suggestion for further improvement very welcome.

EDIT - further updated these images.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:28:15 am by willfaulds »

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 12:43:16 am
Ah, the anime inspired-ness makes sense, Anime artists seem to have an attraction to very, very large breasts. The rortation looks really cool, are you planning to add arms eventually?
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 12:27:17 pm
i think i'll consider the head & body rotate complete. just need to add some arms now...

also minor update to the female character in first post. do people feel Tea Beard's beard has enough to it?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 01:27:15 pm
Yo! Just thought i'd pop in here and say... I think teabeard's beard needs some highlights to give it some depth and form. I realise beard hair isn't really that reflective but i think the sprite needs the exaggeration so it's easier to tell the whole beardness is there. Anyway, i love these sprites, keep it up man.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:49 pm
On the rotation profile views, the back is leaning forward too much, removing balance from the figure. I'd nudge everything from the waist up one or two pixels "back" (relative to the character's facing).
Just like to say that the rotation animation is one of the best little animations i've seen lately, specially that hair :)

On the beard, I don't read it as a beard, reads more like a coat. Needs more beard like texture, with highlights and darktones, and more contrast. Just copy+paste the hair from the guy and invert it vertically (er... i mean, technique wise ;))

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 08:05:01 pm
girl - lower the crotch 2 pixels and it will start to even out.  not a fan of the breasts btw, but to each their own
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:35:26 am
Larwick: i've had another go at teabeard's beard i'm not sure if this really gives it much more form though. i''l have an experiment with turbo's suggestion hehe.

Turbo: Damn. i really hadn't noticed that. made a fix. thanks.

Adarias: I tried 2 pixels down on the crotch but 1 seemed better (though i did add 1 to her total height), the boobs still trouble me too - i'm struggling with how best to represent the female form in this style... i always struggle a little with girls anyway:

EDIT -> (newer again)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:55:07 am by willfaulds »