AuthorTopic: [WIP] Kangaroo/Desert Rat  (Read 2933 times)

Offline NDS

• View Profile

[WIP] Kangaroo/Desert Rat

on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:35 pm
Hi,

I'm new here at the forum, and to pixeling aswell (that is, I suck unfortunately  :blind:). The reason I started was because I wanted to draw my own sprites for my games  :). So, I'm working on a desert-themed platformer, and I've started to draw the main character, a desert rat/kangaroo.

Some CC would be appreciated. I think I need to work on:
1. Better shadows/highlights
2. Better colours

Yours,
NDS

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Kangaroo/Desert Rat

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:01 pm
Here's a Kangaroo:
http://www.lighthouse.net.au/lights/NSW/Green%20Cape/Green%20Cape%20Kangaroo%20sm%2018.jpg
Take note of its arms and legs.
you also seem to have inverted the shape of the body.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:23:06 pm
The colors should be a little warmer, I think.  Though it would look really good with a bit of hue shifting.  You can make the black outline work for you, but right now it's fighting your piece.  AA-ing it to the outline, coloring the inside lines, or coloring all the lines could help there.  You've got a few spots of pillow shading on the bottom of his foot and his arm, and around his tail it gets confused.  Keep the light on the top of the tail and it will automatically look more three dimensional.

Those legs look like they'll be a pain to animate.  Two knees!  Ack!  Good luck.

Offline poingo

• :B
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 11:57:50 pm
It looks like a lemur to me... On the stomach, the transition between shades needs to be a little smoother.
The above post may not be helpful at all, as the author usually has no idea what he is talking about.