AuthorTopic: Military Gun Ship A.K.A. BIG GUNS  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Military Gun Ship A.K.A. BIG GUNS

on: October 22, 2005, 12:18:27 am
Making a military ship A.K.A. BIG GUNS
I was going to do it for a collaboration. but i just made a big ship for something else and i want to know how I'm going and if i can get some C&c on it so far.

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Military Gun Ship A.K.A. BIG GUNS

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:26:25 am
what are you doing with 22 shades? A LOT of them are interchangable. This is more ok than in animated sprite art at least, because most ships in shmups are static so I guess go nuts? The two cannons that are finished are quite good. There's traces of pillow shading here and there but with so many shades, I guess you gotta use them somewhere...

avoid clean grays. Since you've got a green accompanying palette, why don't you tint the grays towards an very subliminal red? Suggest rust or something.

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:40:54 am
Yea, this is not animation thing this is just the selection for the ship. i got 22 shades because theres 3 different types of gray ( light,mid,dark)
so i need a lot of grays , but ill try to make it fewer colors and make the gray a low low saturation red for some rust color.

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Mark

• im a loser :)
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 12:56:11 am
smooth with all those colors. I think there are a few colors your using for AA that could be dropped though. It'll look sweet I think when finished.  Maybe some caution rings or something on those outer guns - they look like they'd be spinning, so it might look good. Dunno

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 01:14:26 am
lol, yay! i got the effect of spinning even with no animation lol yea maybe ill add some ( but were? ) and yea i could get rid of some...as i said ill try to make the colors lower ( it took me a while to figuer out the style to do this thing )

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Mark

• im a loser :)
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 01:50:56 am
Haha, well maybe between the dark back-end and the front, I'd just imagine it there - it'ss and up elongating them though.