AuthorTopic: [WIP][Feedback] RPG Simple Sprite  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Renlow

• View Profile

[WIP][Feedback] RPG Simple Sprite

on: October 11, 2019, 09:28:55 am
Hello, im trying to make a basic sprite and i need some advices

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:02:17 am by Renlow »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: [WIP][Feedback] RPG Simple Sprite

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 02:42:16 am
It's hard to critique something when it's in such early stages. One problem I do see though is that in the side views, the character appears to be leaning forward and lack a butt. The pose of their arms is also inconsistent with the other frames, at least the way I read them (small pixel art is naturally rather ambiguous).

Here are a couple of possible ways to address it:

Neither is a perfect solution, and I think once you start adding hair, clothes, shading, etc, it'll be easier to subtly suggest features that cannot be shown with just a solid outline. So, rather than perfecting this outline, just keep this issue in mind as you move forward with drawing characters using this case.

Offline Renlow

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:32:32 am
It's hard to critique something when it's in such early stages. One problem I do see though is that in the side views, the character appears to be leaning forward and lack a butt. The pose of their arms is also inconsistent with the other frames, at least the way I read them (small pixel art is naturally rather ambiguous).

Here are a couple of possible ways to address it:

Neither is a perfect solution, and I think once you start adding hair, clothes, shading, etc, it'll be easier to subtly suggest features that cannot be shown with just a solid outline. So, rather than perfecting this outline, just keep this issue in mind as you move forward with drawing characters using this case.

Thank you for helping me, i made this little change, it looks good?

Update:

Slow

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:00:35 am by Renlow »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 01:28:04 pm
Showing two legs like that is a nice solution! However, the character looks very blocky in that and the 2/3 views because their front is just a straight line. But again, that's something easier to fix once you're adding clothes and shading.

I personally prefer the thicker arm in the version before the latest update, the arm looks like it gets thinner at the shoulder in the latest version.

Offline Renlow

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 01:19:48 am
Showing two legs like that is a nice solution! However, the character looks very blocky in that and the 2/3 views because their front is just a straight line. But again, that's something easier to fix once you're adding clothes and shading.

I personally prefer the thicker arm in the version before the latest update, the arm looks like it gets thinner at the shoulder in the latest version.

Yeah, i think is harder with less but i want to make a good outline first because i need the hair and clothes to be overlays

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:38:42 am by Renlow »