AuthorTopic: Link Portrait Remade  (Read 4258 times)

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Link Portrait Remade

on: April 19, 2007, 03:11:14 am
It's been awhile since I've really pixelled anything, so I decided to look through my old "work" (crap) and try to improve an older piece. I hope I've succeeded:

any suggestions on how I could make it better?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:15:47 am by InvaderLupus »

Offline Stitchy

• A ghost wandering the shore
    • View Profile
    • That one place everyone hates.

Re: Link Portrait Remade

Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:13 am
Hm. He doesn't have enough of a face on (our) left. His chin would jut out a little more, too. It just seems like he is missing almost half of his face. D:

His left (as in, our right) eye should be shifted over towards his ear a little. A little more skull at the back of his head would also help.

The colors you used are also pretty dull. :< There isn't a lot of vibrance or contrast to them. Try to maybe add a little bit of a different hue to the shades of the hair, skin and clothing, such as making the shadows on the green tunic and hat have some blue in them, etc.
Be it, so be quick
Don’t run, just walk and walk and walk
Don’t lose yourself, to decorate
Somewhere on your wall 'Cause somewhere in your mind You know you are doing fine Holding secret hair locks You’ll pluck before you hide

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:55:33 am

any better?

Offline Stitchy

• A ghost wandering the shore
    • View Profile
    • That one place everyone hates.

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:25:09 am
Yep! But I still say he needs a little more cheek and chin on the (our) left side. And maybe skooch that eye over towards the ear more.
Be it, so be quick
Don’t run, just walk and walk and walk
Don’t lose yourself, to decorate
Somewhere on your wall 'Cause somewhere in your mind You know you are doing fine Holding secret hair locks You’ll pluck before you hide

yosh64

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:09:24 am
hey

Well, I think this needed quite alot of work... anyhows I done an edit.

edit
->

Firstly I think the neck looked odd, I think it should slant forwards. The ear was much to low, so I brang it up and towards the eye a bit, and also thought it was too small. I found the eyes didn't resemble those of Link. I think the perspective of the face was off, and such I tried to fix. I think the colar on Links top wasn't define so well, in which I changed. Finally I tried to better define the light, and done some other things here and there :).

Anyhows I hope this helps :).

cyas
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:34:11 am by yosh64 »

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:33:07 pm

How's this?

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 10:59:30 pm
no need to make such a dramatic style change yosh, he's not trying to become you.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:25:06 am
The white outline doesn't do much for me, it's jsut kind of distracting. The jaw looks dislocated right now. Yosh's edit, even though highly stylized, I think shows a better structure of the head. Right now, his head just seems wrong...maybe to thin? But, Kudos on doing Link. Keep at it, your colors are greatly improved.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

yosh64

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 12:34:23 pm
hey

Sorry, as it seems the intention of my edits are not clear :\. I do not intend anything be done in regards to style. I prefer todo in my own style, as it's easier and more fun for me to do, and helps me get my point across better, and it doesn't interfere, nor do any work for them. I know I myself would much prefer someone do an edit in their own style, rather than kind of complete the thing for me. I think it is very important for them to interpret and understand my suggestions, and implement them in their own pixel work.

Hmm, I hope this makes sense :).

Ohh, and sorry to go off topic :\.

BTW, I think the perspective of the face is much better now :), so to the position of the ear.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:51:39 pm by yosh64 »

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 04:51:27 pm

1 is yours, 2 is my edit (i liked the older one without the whites in the eye)
one thing i've noticed with most of your drawings is you leave out half of their cheek and chin. like stitchy said