AuthorTopic: [WIP] Honorable Judge Bush  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: [WIP] Honorable Judge Bush

Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 06:33:10 pm
The source judge is not very good either, in terms of pixelling, and you're copying stuff that if you went more originally about it you might consider errors, like the absurd selout, or coloring the face using the grays from the beard. There's not much point to critique art that tries so much to be like other art, because a lot of my idea of how critique goes is based on evaluating the choices the artist makes, not how well he's emulating something made by a company.

Offline Luminous_Reaver

• Died Trying
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 06:38:43 pm
Pixelfish, sticking his head on the Judges body like that was a joke.
Just look at how absurd it looks. I thought it was funny. :P

And Helm, I'm trying to pixel something that would ordinarily have been drawn, and color reduced. (Edit: I'm guessing, but that's the only way I can explain the lonely flesh tone in the middle of the nose, and the red used in the tie which is hardly noticeable.)
I don't know, I guess this is kinda stupid. I should just go back to trying to make those backgrounds from this game I'm trying to eventually do, maybe.

Oh well, at least I learned something about likeness, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:41:08 pm by Luminous_Reaver »

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 07:23:50 pm
It's much better now, much more alike! You could further improve by making his eyes squint more, since Bush is kind of permanently squinting, maybe add a small shading area under his eyes to show such squintyness. The key to caricature is capturing a few basic key elements of the face, the ones that jump out at you when you look at the face, once you have those you can exagerate (as long as you're keeping some order and proportion). I dunno, it's an art in itself, and it only comes with practice and knowledge of the basics :)

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 09:29:45 am
yeah I think it looks awesome! :)
Now just create a wholly new judge body for him :mean:
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube