AuthorTopic: peppermint pig collab  (Read 12155 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: peppermint pig collab

Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 04:16:24 pm
they're ripping me off!!
They are, Helm. They are indeed.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 04:33:52 pm
or is helm ripping off kellogg's!?!

thanks for the replies all :)

this will sound cheap now, but here goes: thanks for the crits, acknowledged, but i'm not gonna change anything, because i've already spent too much time on it (even though it's not as done as i had in mind), and i'd like to move on/get back to other stuff.

heh, i now that i'm a 'working' man i'm even more taciturn than usually

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 07:06:18 pm
Although it is a little on the dark side, you've aced the atmosphere of the work. Detail-o-plenty. The stone work is good. It came out great Miascugh. Thanks for the collab. :)

If it's feeling unfinished, I could carry on the work for you. Let me know.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 07:32:37 pm
If it's feeling unfinished, I could carry on the work for you. Let me know.

do it

:)

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 01:44:17 am
I saw this when you first posted it, and I feel like an asshole for not commenting on it or at least giving you some form of praise. I agree with it being a little dark, and maybe some reflected light on the objects in the dark might help this, but it's not necessary at all. The only area that bugs me is where the snake meets his crotch, and that's just because there's no AA or anything in that spot and it just looks like you accidently skipped over it. I feel that there are some places that could use some AA (ie: the bird's feet), but I'm anal as all hell. It's a beautiful piece, and I know that a lot people could learn from it as it displays some awesome texturing techinques. Well done on the coloring, miascugh. I'm moderately envious.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 01:46:02 am by Monsoon2D »

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 03:09:36 pm
yes, i agree, and i actually wanted to go over it with some AA but really couldn't motivate myself anymore (i didn't feel like adding new colors, which would have been necessary in parts), let's just say that i skipped this accidentaly, yes :)

I'm moderately envious.

if that's the case, you should quickly quickly post some new pixels of yours to show us all ;)

Offline Mark

• im a loser :)
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 05:08:07 pm
Freaking awesome, makes me think of the SNES Dinkey Kong images. I think though the way the snake comes out it doesn't really feel like he's sitting on it though, the stone is amazing. Its great!

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 11:50:05 pm
if that's the case, you should quickly quickly post some new pixels of yours to show us all ;)

Good call.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 09:42:27 am
Hehe, omg I wonder why that description you gave along the pic sounds familiar  ::)

The pic looks wonderful, and though some AA is lacking at points, it rocks!
Somehow it has this 3d feeling but pixelart-ish at the same time, which is rather cool.
Love the color choice.
And that promotion thing was sweet  :-*  XD

Hoping that service thing ends, so we can see more pixels from you

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 11:23:17 am

Our kid:
pep_miascugh_line.png
pepmiascollab.png

Feel free to spank it if it burps :D

whoah. I've gotta ditto Monsoon on the whole guilt thing =p (I really gotta post on his topic too)

it's awesome, I really love how you made up the perfect style to expand on pep's lineart, I would say exponentially. it's an awesome mix of a toylike feel and a very barren underground mythical tribal cave.

my favs are the shading on the snake, the black portion of the Tucan's beak, the whole texture work on the floor, the apples and the cherries. The unsaturated yellow is also working amazingly well as a highlight to the tribal guy's skin.

I guess this is for pep, but something I think could help are some extra highlight shades on the tribal guy's toes, and maybe having the floor gruaduallly adquire a purple tint as it fades off into the BG

PS:Dont listen to them, AA is for loosers ;p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:24:48 am by Camus »