AuthorTopic: PARTICIPATE IN LINEART THREAD DECISION  (Read 23966 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Re: PARTICIPATE IN LINEART THREAD DECISION

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 02:53:32 am
I agree with Xion here. While the current thread is a bit messy, making it mandatory for someone to open a new thread to display line arts is a bit much I'd say. Have two threads for coloring/lines would be a great solution to that. Since most of the lineart that is colored, is done in spare time and for fun, it would be counter-intuitive to turn it into something more. There are already people who make individual topics for linearts they've colored, and I think those who do them seriously and want critique will do that.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 03:36:49 am
interesting how doppleganger came up with a duality based idea o.0 :D
lol.
But yea, I concur in respect to having a lineart and a coloring thread as separate- yet symbiotic threads. It would solve a lot of problems, and allow for a quick point of reference for viewing multiple renditions of the same lines, etc.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 04:51:32 am
I vote that we do a poll on this decision. It would be most fair, in my opinion. The choices that I'm seeing so far:

1. Keep lineart thread the way it is. No Change.
2. Put 2 separate threads for lineart; colored, and pure lineart(that came out so racist...)
3. Lineart section is STRICTLY lineart, and any colored lineart MUST be placed in critique section, with deserved credit, or nowhere at all...

To be honest, it seems like choice 2 has been suggested about 4-5 times already(my initial argument included, so you already know where my opinion lies, heh...). So I think it's time to decide now, if never, instead of twiddling our fingers and arguing. Maybe even more choices could be suggested if given enough time?

again, just a suggestion...
my back hurts...

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 05:12:00 am
I also like the poll idea.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 06:14:21 am
If anything, the options I would put are:

1- Restart the Lineart thread, everything works the same way, except now it is an activity. (Of course you can still post your colored stuff for critique in the pixel art board)
2- Only Lineart thread. (Post the lines you colored in either the pixel art board for critique, or the OT creativity thread for just showing off)

I wouldn't go with 2 threads. Why? Because, if we are doing that, we might aswell just have one, as it is right now, having the first post updated as linearts come up.

Though we could set up both lineart thread, and colored lineart thread as many of you want. BUT you will have to work your asses off, and start coloring linearts like demons, otherwise it goes down.  :mean:  (And if I see someone simply filling lineart with the paintbucket and posting that, it will automatically go down)

[edit]:Oh and sure, I'll gather all the lineart.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:17:52 am by Panda »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 11:37:12 am
ive got a huge folder of linearts, that ive gathered from everywhere and anywhere.  you want me to upload it?

edit:  the folder has 189 linearts in it
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:38:43 am by eck »
untz untz untz?

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 11:46:07 am
There are always people who vote yes, and others who will say no. Just enforce the rule and let's see if it helps.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 02:41:00 pm
The reason I want to deal with this decisively is because I don't want Pixelation to be a 'relax, unwind, sloppily color some lines' type of place. Though I can't enforce absolute crit-dom, the lineart thread kinda stuck like a sore thumb, stickied at the top of a critique board. I don't want to accomodate for lazy work that doesn't get critiqued. We have the OT if people are BURNING to post sketches and stuff anyway. You say Xion you'd never do that little piece if you knew it would need its own thread and critique and all. You say you'd miss out on the excersize. And I say, what excersize? 5minute jobs aren't helping you get better, not unless you do 10 a day.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 04:30:22 pm
I like the idea of a Pure Lineart thread. Then, it'll be so much easier for someone to browse for lineart, as some pages have non to very little, and no-offence, but the sight of really poor fills isn't that great.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 07:40:30 pm
I don't do five minute jobs.

Ever.

I just think coloring linearts is a fun thing and should be kept fun, rather than made into a seriousness. Like, you see some nice lines that you think would look cool colored a certain way, or want to practice AA or dithering or a strange palette without looking for serious crits, you should just be able to post it without cluttering up the rest of the boards. Like all those different takes on that one chick by...uh...that one chick. The one with the sword and shield and megaman-esque feet. Those don't look like five-minute jobs (at least not all of them) but I'm not sure how many of them we'd've seen if the lineart thread was strictly for lines, and if people knew there'd be like six different threads open all displaying the same chick.

The reason I want to deal with this decisively is because I don't want Pixelation to be a 'relax, unwind, sloppily color some lines' type of place.
Why not? It's just one thread. I think it's better to be contained than have a bunch of colorings not worth their own thread cluttering up the rest of the forums. And, as has been said, if someone really wants critiques on their coloring, they're free to make their own topic.