AuthorTopic: PARTICIPATE IN LINEART THREAD DECISION  (Read 23846 times)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: PARTICIPATE IN LINEART THREAD DECISION

Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 08:24:56 pm
The only problem that could arise is with this is that serious posts would be pushed further down on the list, due to more compertition for the first page slots. I also condone an increase in critique on the thread, however, I don't know if an entirely mandatory rule should be implemented.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 09:06:53 pm
if people aren't trying very hard, and they aren't getting feedback, then perhaps the lineart thread should be a source thread only?  Like only lineart is allowed, not colorings or anything.  That way people can still contribute lineart to the community, but the sloppy-coloring-book-that-no-one-cares-about aspect would be taken care of.  If you want to color some lineart, then color it and start a thread with your work like everybody else!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 09:17:11 pm
if people aren't trying very hard, and they aren't getting feedback, then perhaps the lineart thread should be a source thread only?  Like only lineart is allowed, not colorings or anything.  That way people can still contribute lineart to the community, but the sloppy-coloring-book-that-no-one-cares-about aspect would be taken care of.  If you want to color some lineart, then color it and start a thread with your work like everybody else!

That's what I had in mind.

So let's say I lock the thread we've got right now, and keep it stickyfied for a while. At the same time I start a new thread where I make it clear ONLY lineart is to be posted. Any post with colored art will be deleted. People can just make new threads for their colored artwork, or if it's just a quicky keep it to themselves or eventually decide to work more on it until they need critique. Sounds good?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 09:39:09 pm
Can't you take all the remaining linearts from the old thread and have them hosted on pixelation server like the videos - otherwise they might get lost.

good idea having a solid clean lineart thread with no colorings.  will be a good resource to dip into now and then without searching between all the colorings.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 09:58:56 pm
We could do that... if it wasn't so many pages and deathly boring :P Panda might offer to do it because he's a better man than me.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 10:03:42 pm
well ive got lots saved from before... i think, would only be a matter of drag/drop and then zip for me, i don't mind doing it.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 10:05:31 pm
we need all the links to be active and put them on pixelation server and link back from them. It's a bit of work...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 10:29:15 pm
well ive got all of the decent ones, plus a few others from elsewhere saved.  thats about 125 linearts.  You could upload them to the server as a backup and perhaps if there was ever a main pixel-arts.org site in front of the forum then they would find archive there...

if anyone else has any of the old linearts that are now gone, i would quite like them to add to the collection.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 01:33:38 am
I think a strictly line art thread would not only add to functionality; no swimming through colors and comments; but also add to the overall...respectability I guess would be the right word, that Pixelation seems to give off.  To tell the truth, I never really thought there was that much wrong with the thread to begin with, however.  But if there's going to be some renovations, I think fixing the "messiness" of the thread would be on the right track.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 01:49:42 am
I guess I'm among the minority who found the once-in-a-while-fresh lines, once-in-a-while-different takes on the same lines, and semi-OT of the ol' liney thread one of its attractive things. I agree with Gil in that, I sometimes color lines, but I'd never even start coloring them if I knew I'd have to make a completely new thread to display them in. Part of the coolness of the lineart thread is that you can just take some cool lines, splash in some color, repost them in the same thread, and have it all be just an excersise, or something not to be taken seriously but you still want to share...you know? Without having to worry about people giving comments beyond "Cool" or "I like the way you did ____." You know? It's like, I color lines as excersises, but with every intent of posting the results, but I'd never begin coloring if I knew I'd have to post in a new thread - which would mean I wouldn't post it because I like all my posts to be completely from scratch - and therefore I'd never do the excersise to begin with because I knew I wouldn't post it...

I hope you get me.

Maybe divide it into seperate threads: "Clean Lines" and "Line Colors"

Or something.