AuthorTopic: [WIP] pixel game advices etc.  (Read 11940 times)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] pixel game advices etc.

Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 05:23:40 am
wow, aside from the head being too small on the character select its really nice..i like the bone frame.....as for the sprites,i think a few of them are pillow shaded...other than that, the lineart is a little weird but not too badly. good job i say.

Offline Raku

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 11:55:52 am
Thx, heres some animation, 4 spries per move

yosh64

Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 12:10:37 pm
hey

Firstly, I think it's cool that you have created all these :).

Anyhows, my advise to you is to learn about lighting. When you pixel, choose a light source (I recommend from strait above), and then when you pixel, vision where the light hits, and where it doesn't hit, and shade accordingly :). I hope this makes sense. Hmm, I'll try and pixel you something to show this, and I will upload and edit this post later.

But yea, I think your designs are quite nice, just keep at it :).

edit
->
Well firstly I done an edit on one of your characters, and next I will try to explain some things.

I found with your orginal character, there was quite alot of chaos. I think it's like everyone of your pixels is trying to get our attention, and you want to show everything the character has to offer. But, this is not reality... can you really see the texture of the guys inner coat if there is hardly any light there?

I really think you need to simplify things, and let the basic form, and depth of your character be visible.

Here are some basics of lighting... I wanted to show that you need to see your characters basic form, and how the light reflects on your character, and shade your pixels accordingly. On all these the light source is from strait above :).

Anyhows I hope you can learn something from this :).

cyas
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:48:43 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Raku

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 11:59:09 am

I've made a crypt (4 colours) with light from right side :P, the picture is made with a lot of ctrl+c, ctrl+v but thats not a problem right? :D

I didnt want to make strong light source couse i would have too much to change, just a weak light from the top :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:04:17 pm by Raku »

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 02:34:59 pm
I think you've got some big perspective issues on the crypt.
The entrance is nearly front view where as the side is nearly side view. It doesn't make much sense to me and results in flatness.