AuthorTopic: [WIP] Mountainscape at sunset-Updated  (Read 2370 times)

Offline skoby

• View Profile

[WIP] Mountainscape at sunset-Updated

on: April 15, 2007, 05:32:48 pm
Hey, I posted this a while back but my post was a bit crowded and never really got any help, but basically I am now pretty happy with the sunset and clouds, but Im really struggling with the mountains, not helped by the fact I havent seen any for at least 10 years and photos Ive looked at seem to vary quite a lot...

Im not sure if I should try to make the highlights on the mountains "yellower" to match the sunset, or if the shading is at all right, the fact they are backlit is really leaving me stumped on how the shading should be :S
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:47:38 pm by skoby »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [HELP] Mountainscape at sunset

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:36:58 pm
Actually, you'll be sorry to hear that they would be almost black, with subtle shading. The edges of the mountains would be really bright, and the farther away they are, the more yellow they should be, due to atmospheric haze...

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Re: [HELP] Mountainscape at sunset

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 05:39:18 pm
I thought might be like that :( the main problem is having them like that while being more realistic doesnt look at all good the way Ive tried :(

[edit] OK Ive done a lot of changes since last posted, not too sure on the "atmospheric haze" but I am pretty pleased with how it looks as it is
[double edit]

Added the charactor, there is going to be a fire to the right/rear of her and most likely she will be moved a bit to the left to make room for it...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:47:10 pm by skoby »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [WIP] Mountainscape at sunset-Updated

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:36:39 pm
Yes, that's pretty good. The reflection could be a bit more scattered going down (as in random and more yellow). I love what you're doing, though it's all a bit too noisy for my taste so far.

Keep it up, this is going to be a good one.