AuthorTopic: Shoutin' dude *FINISHED* [yeah, I know it sucks]  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Shoutin' dude *FINISHED* [yeah, I know it sucks]

on: October 19, 2005, 08:39:46 pm
A lil thing I'm workin on atm...

All I've done so far:

Also, check the animated progress:

I've only had time to shade the body, although I'm not sure about how I shaded around eye and the mouth...I'm really thinkin to dither the whole shade.

Plz dont comment about that green thing on top of its head (theyre supposed to be leaves) cuz I'm still tryin to figure out how I'll be doing that o_O

EDIT: Big changes hun...I think the ditherinh worked alright, as well as the aaing. The biggest changes were (obviously) the eyes and the mouth. Also, I added lots of shadows.

EDIT 2: Animated the progress and added that floating thing next to him...no big changes...

EDIT 3: Feels like somethins missin without that green thing on top of him...I hated it anyway...well, its finished to me. I know it sucks but I have other things to do...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 07:51:39 pm by Filax_666 »

Offline ptps

• I is n00b. ph33r me. Now.
    • View Profile
    • PTPS/gallery

Re: Shoutin' dude

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 06:04:16 am
Hi Filax,

cute critter! Are you trying to keep to a limited palette or are you going all out? I think the shadows could be a little more emphasized. The oranges are nearly almost the same shade, maybe bring it slightly lower? Or throw in an additional darker shade.

Are you gonna do a sel-out on the outline or are you planning to have none at all?

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 10:33:47 am
Hehe, he looks like a crazy carrot thing.  :P

I think shading the teeth and the tongue would give the image more depth. You mentioned dithering and I figure that could help out things with the body.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 05:54:33 pm
I usually do everything step-by-step, I intend to add one or two more shades on the skin and I'll shade the theeth and tongue too.

Unfortunately, I've Maths and French test next week, and I'm not very good in any of these, so I'll probably kill myself studying, and not pixeling as would like...

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Re: Shoutin' dude *ANOTHER UPDATE*

Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:26:28 pm
btw, I forgot to say this before...

ptps: I dont think I'll add any other shade on the body, I like it how it is, with few contrast. I'm not planning to do an outline, I'll only add one if its really necessary. About the pallete, I'm not very worried cause I'm only doing this to practise a bit.

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 12:44:02 am
Ah, OK because i was about to say. that little flame should give the body more if its color lol ( humm...i guess i still said it =P )

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 06:33:32 am
Yeah, you're right. I think I'll give a lighter tone too.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Re: Shoutin' dude *FINISHED* [yeah, I know it sucks]

Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 07:52:17 pm
Yup, its over!  :-\