AuthorTopic: Don't comment or critique unless you want to or somebody makes you  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

I actually don't know why I'm posting this....perhaps can't get past it till I do?

Jumped in over the deep end then gave up, heh.  It was going to be a random gift of pixelled pickles to hishnak cause I loved the play on words....but after about a month of it clogging my pixelling, I say w/e; used way to many colors and tried for something too realistic.  So I made it greyscale and posted it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:25:20 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Don't comment or critique

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:29:23 pm
I'm going to go against you wishes and comment anyway. The reflection effect looks nice, but you have some stray orange, pink and blue pixels. Here's and edit that hopefully addresses that:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Don't comment or critique

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:24:55 pm
Amazing edit Turbo....the bright colors slipped past my eyes....should have saw them........

I guess I should have just posted this.  I used a reference, but I can't be bothered to save it as something other than .psp at the moment  :blind:.

But posting this worked, I'm already working on something new now  :).

(c+c if you want I guess...though I really have no plans for this)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:26:35 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
Why not? Finish it! Looks great. 'S not like you have to do it all at once. I hope you revisit this sometime.

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint
It is common to see some bits floating around the bottom... eg. bits of garlic, dill, peppercorns, etc. It might help fill out that empty space a bit more for you.
I am absolutely loving the reflections and the new colours. Why not add a label? Keep at it, you know you can finish this

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Yeah, there's the reference.  I had fully planned to put bits and pieces floating around; and the highlight on the top of the lid along with the "corners" of the jar are dying for aa.  I'm unsure if I would have gone with the bg of the reference--probably would have just stayed black.  I am mostly discouraged because of the fact that it would take ages to clean up color-wise--most of the colors now are just eye-dropped place holders.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 04:04:44 am by Rydin »

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile
your last picture, is really nice, I really think you should finish it.. and the subject is rather original!  ;D
seriously it's good! :y: