AuthorTopic: Ufo fanart [update]  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Bers

• View Profile

Ufo fanart [update]

on: October 19, 2005, 08:38:09 am

more
step1

step2

step3

step4

step5

skip 6&7
step8 finished

c&c weclome
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 05:52:03 pm by Bers »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Ufo fanart

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:43:31 pm
oversaturation. blanket shading along with blanket dithering here and there. Worst thing is the plastic over the left arm by far in that respect. However you've got some good volumes, in the plastic around the face mostly. The hair is way too red, generally your colour ramps are uninteresting in that they are primary colours with little hue intermixing or variation. unify the palette I say.

Avoid scribbly detail on the gun. It's a piece of metal and used by an x-com marine. I'd keep mine clean to get those damn Crystalids. Using harsh gray highlights on the gun somewhat indiscriminately.

True to the original game theme, but not in style. I'm cool with that. When it is more finished, by critique will be more definite.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Re: Ufo fanart

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:43 pm
Well, I dont know the charachter but, aside what helm said, theres one thing that bothers me...is he suposed to be grabing the gun?cause the wai you made his hand doesnt give that feeling and I cant imagine him grabing somethin like that with only one hand...

Offline Bers

• View Profile

Re: Ufo fanart [update]

Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 05:54:12 pm
update first post add more works

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: Ufo fanart [update]

Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:06:26 pm
I love how you made the fingers but, one thing that really bothers me that hasn’t been said was the final picture of the man holding the gun is the fact that Time and stamina while both 60 like all the others have smaller bars.  I know its a template but it really bothers me.  Also the radar teller, I think the fact that his shirt is green, the screen is green and the overview is slightly green really makes it look strange.
Proud to be a BMS team: