AuthorTopic: shoot em up boss "Blade Licker"  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Squirrelsquid

• Nuts!?
    • View Profile

shoot em up boss "Blade Licker"

on: April 11, 2007, 10:23:34 pm
well, since my old topic is on page 3 already, and because my host went down, (so all posted pics are down) I thought I'd create a new topic.

Well, here's the 2. level boss. still WIP

C+c apreciated

Offline uridicy

• Beware the Pixolator
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Pocket

Re: shoot em up boss "Blade Licker"

Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:00:07 pm
  That looks cool.  The only thing I'd do is change a little of the details on it's rear end.  That way it won't be so obvious that it's left and right butt cheeks are the same. Not really a big deal of course.

Offline ProgZmax

• Relax!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:06:00 pm
This is an excellent piece of work, here.  The only thing I would say is that while I am a big fan of symmetry there are times when ignoring symmetry will greatly help an image, and I think it might apply to this case.  Also, a clawed appendage kind of like a scorpion tail might improve the back side of your boss.  Solid work.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 12:08:29 am
looks very nice,  you could have posted it in your other thread rather than create a new one, but meh.

i'd up the contrast, bits of it look very flat.  I'd also try and bulk it out a bit more - looks very flimsy/brittle for a boss.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:17:00 am
  That looks cool.  The only thing I'd do is change a little of the details on it's rear end.  That way it won't be so obvious that it's left and right butt cheeks are the same. Not really a big deal of course.
it uh, actually looks like a brain to me but i dunno for sure lol.

nice work, maybe some details though, such as maybe cracks in the tubes are something to that effect.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 09:51:13 am
More contrast in his knife on tentacles, they will be looks more aggressive and metallic, now it's just something not too hard. And of course is some flat for boss, added big shadow on body and his round back, less some detail in shadow. Little ship looks more intresting, because he have more shadow.
Nice work!