AuthorTopic: The end of days [Update: finished]  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: The end of days [Update]

Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 06:56:33 pm
Just a minor update. I changed the eyes, the weird jaw bump-thing, changed the sky colour. There's still some other stuff that B.O.B. pointed out which I haven't gotten to just yet, but fear not. It will be done. :P

Setz: Good call. Hopefully the new colour helps.

Aeon: I fixed the jaw thing, as I said, and changed the sky, so hopefully it's doing better now.

Dopple: It's ok, man. I cried a bit, too. :P Actually, I do like the new colour, but in a different way... I think the old one (with the red sky) seemed more apocalyptic... hotter, I guess. But whatever. I'll play with it more.

B.O.B.: I think you're probably right about the chunky lines. That said, even though it's probably going to hurt the piece in the end, I think I'm sticking with 'em. The whole cartoonish lack of depth thing has actually grown on me, and anyway, without the dark lines, I feel like the background and the dino don't really... I dunno... merge? Right now, despite the harm they cause, I think the consistent thick outlines give the piece some cohesion. I'm probably talking out of my ass though (as I often am) so argue with me, and I may cave yet. ;D

Thanks for all the fine crits, guys. I think this is coming along rather well.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:05:37 pm
Hey Trem, Nice work.

Good work but I think the last few you've down are a little bit better.

Okay, I think you character is great but I notice that the face and head look in perspectice and dimension differnt.

The head should be facing us more, but I hope you can see my point.
The piece (after you edited it) will look awesome if you change it. <-- My opinion  ;)

Great work though!!!  ;D

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 02:21:01 am
I made a stylistic edit (hope you don't mind) in the dino mouth. I think it's more dinosaurish :P