AuthorTopic: Game Mockup WIP (Updated)  (Read 9969 times)

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Re: Game Mockup WIP (Updated)

Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 12:16:52 pm
love it with the new lighting. also love the style of the enemy.

are you working professionally as a pixel artist?

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 12:30:04 pm
Like that lighting too.=) Especially if it'll be layered.

yosh64

Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:11 pm
hey

Impressive work ^_^.

I think I see the background tree truck inside/under the middle of the far platform, the platform to the right that is.

The only other thing that niggles me a bit, is that the right side of the platforms are lit/shaded exactly the same as the left, but the light source isn't from directly above? I dunno, doesn't really bother me so much. But yea, with those platforms, I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, but I like em :). Well I think they are hill tops of sorts, hehe :). Ohh, and the round shape of these platforms remind me of the ones of Super Mario Bros :).

I really like those tree trucks in the background also ^_^, and the alpha and style and such.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 01:17:05 pm
Thanks for the responses, guys!

this is really getting better and better  :D I really dig the one with the light beams... haven't checked how many colors it adds tho.. would the effect still works in game with some parallax?

It adds a lot of colors but since this will be a Windows or XBox-based game, there are pretty much unlimited resources to work with. I guess that answers the parallax question, too ;^)

Like that lighting too.=) Especially if it'll be layered.

I'm strongly considering it

The only other thing that niggles me a bit, is that the right side of the platforms are lit/shaded exactly the same as the left, but the light source isn't from directly above? I dunno, doesn't really bother me so much. But yea, with those platforms, I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, but I like em :). Well I think they are hill tops of sorts, hehe :). Ohh, and the round shape of these platforms remind me of the ones of Super Mario Bros :).

I'm not satisfied with the platforms or the trees yet... when this is finished it will look like an entire forest made up of winding, moss-covered tree-roots that the characters will run along.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 03:18:27 pm
Obviously go with the alpha effects. There's no 'purist points' lost since they're pixelled by hand too and you control what they're doing.

I want to play this now. This is a great copliment because I know nothing about the game setting, the gameplay or anything. I am sucked in purely by the visual atmospheric.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:16:06 pm by Helm »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 04:09:54 pm
ditto, massive step forward.  could use some more polish obviously but the ambience is stellar!