AuthorTopic: Snake creature(orignal outlines by turbo)  (Read 3728 times)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Snake creature(orignal outlines by turbo)

on: April 12, 2007, 04:09:32 am
well, i was in the lineart exchange the other day, and i saw a snake guy posted by turbo...so i started to color it like it was, but after doing the arm i decided to go for a different look...then my guys pecks and abs looked HORRIBLE, so i redid it more like a snake than humanoid...this is by far my personal best pic, but i cant deide on a color scheme.....

original
more contrasted
blue
attempt at an older pallet

I dont intend on changing anything much, maybe some little details but thats it. crit welcome, and any suggestions can be applied to fututre work and is therefor awsome lol...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:41:48 am by miscdude »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Re: Snake creature(orignal outlines by turbo)

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:39:46 am
more contrasted

that one works the best, IMO.

you'll want to fix up his arm and elbow, though. They don't seem to connect at all

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 09:16:07 am
Yes, more contrasted or blue.
But with anatomy is no good, not only arm and elbow, also broken chest and his neck maybe more long.
About color you lose reflex in shadow, they is deaf too much.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:10:31 pm
I like what you did with it! The palettes are great. The shading is very nice, i specially like the hands shading and detailing.

The main problem i see is that you need to pay attention to keeping the anatomy more consistent; the parts, individually, seem correctly shaded, but as a whole, things seem to leap to where they shouldn't be, not conveying a solid volume look.

The major points i see is the back, head position and "lower" torso: i think the back and lower torso should twist away from us instead of towards, and the head doesn't fit well in that position between the shoulders, looks like it's pushed to our left too much; should be moved to the right quite a bit, i think.

(some of this may come inherited from the original lineart, which had some odd limb twistings)

Try sketching the thing in basic blocks - cylinders for limbs, spheres for joints, etc. - and remember to keep the perspective consistent, and it will aid in keeping a more solid look.

Despite the crits, it's nice work, and i'm honored :)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:14:47 am
more contrasted

that one works the best, IMO.

you'll want to fix up his arm and elbow, though. They don't seem to connect at all
dunno what you mean with the elbow..and im not doing any big changes, just lttle ones.
turbo, thanks for the crits, i might fix up the head cause that isnt too much work, and the rest of the crit, ill keep in mind.
mangust, i just plain dont understand what you said....very confused there...

thanks all! :D

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:52:39 am
I think Setz is saying that the shadow between the upper and fore arm is so dark that they look like they aren't very well connected at all. It looks more like there's this big gap between the two.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 02:14:06 am
ah i see that now....hmmm....i might fix it later when i fix the head :)