AuthorTopic: girl in dress  (Read 20239 times)

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

girl in dress

on: April 10, 2007, 03:37:29 pm
Hello again pixellers :)

I want to improven on this as much as I can, in particular I am not happy with the sholder things for the front view, I don't think they look as good as they do in the side view :\

don't worry about the colour of the dress, I plan to have several different pallets for it, with different parts being different colours.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: girl in dress

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 03:39:22 pm
Itīs quite a nice piece here. Personaly, I donīt see anything wrong with the shoulders.
Rather the contrast, it seems a bit too much. Itīs really bright, and unless sheīs wearing a plastic dress, I suggest bringing down the contrast a bit.
As real dresses donīt hugely shine like that.

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 04:42:08 pm
Doesn't have to be real though, that could be some new Princess with overly-shiny clothes of such. :P

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 05:19:31 pm
I like the style of the high contrast, but it's a bit much.  Right now it's the first thing noticed instead of the lovely art.  The hair isn't washing out like the dress is.  In the front veiw there are no areas of flat highlight, and in the back, there aren't any flat areas of shadow.  I don't know if I'm explaning it well.

I feel sorry for this woman being that busty and having to wear a dress that doesn't support well.  Ouch.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 05:27:48 pm
I really like your style. I lower her left shoulder 1 pixel and shrink her left breast to make the perspective more clear.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 05:34:52 pm
great start, but at least on my system the contrast is WAY high.  Unless she is intended to be displayed in front of a black background I think it's a bit overboard.  Good clothing and character design!  For some guidance on pixeling hair, you could check out Wayuki's work, she's done some really nice stuff, I'm still learning from it.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 06:15:17 pm
Yeah, the contrast is VERY high, It almost hurts my eyes o.0....I really like the idea, jsut fix the contrast. Nice start  :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:42:53 pm
where do I find this so called "Wayuki's work" ?

as for the contrast, she's meant to look like she's under the most bright light I could ever want, so that I can work down from there with coloured lighting via a multiply-ish function, depending on the background, coupled with the fact that her dress is currentely white, has made it rediculessly high contrast.  I don't want to sound like I'm making exuses but I kinda need it to be this way.

Sharm I'm sorry but I really cant make sence of what you were talking about with the hair O.o *is feeling a bit slow today* do you really think she's too busty ? I don't want it to come across as rediculess.

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:50 pm
where do I find this so called "Wayuki's work" ?
I have a topic right below yours.  :D

Offline Zomby138

• View Profile
    • reanimatedart

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:06 pm
lol, oh right sorry, yes, it is amazing, although the head of hair is on a much larger scale than mine, so I don't really know how much that can help me with this :\ would you be up to doing an edit of the hair by any chance wayuki ?