AuthorTopic: Steve Color - paint game  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Nikolaus

• View Profile

Steve Color - paint game

on: April 14, 2007, 09:45:36 pm
Wow! I did not know this place still exists! I loved to look around here in the past.

I would like to show you my recently finished project.
I made a jump & run game that allows you to vandalize historical sites with color. At the moment there are available the St Basil Kathedral in Moscow, and the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. The player can upload the image of his individual attack to the online gallery directly from within the game. If you are interested, take a look at-

http://www.stevecolor.net.

The game contains two large pixel landscapes. I almost died making these. I heard of a method that the "pixel" designers "eboy" are using: drawing the image in vectors, and then converting them into pixels with a mouseclick, wich is much, much faster. Well, mine are of course all hand-pixeled. I am going to do it the eboy-way with the next landscapes of that kind.

Screenshots:

You are all invited to try the game and upload your painted version of the buildings into the online gallery.
Cheers,

Nikolaus

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Steve Color - paint game

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:08:27 pm
This is so much fun! awesome! It's a shame it slows down for me every time i paint. :\

The detail in the work is outstanding, though i guess a lot of it is left up to the user. maybe some of the lines could have been made hightlights, instead of all the lines being dark, to give it a more 3d-ish feel.

It's hard to control at first, but very fun.

Offline Nikolaus

• View Profile

Re: Steve Color - paint game

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:56:44 pm
thank you.
unfortunately, it is much slower on macintosh than on windows. i am sorry for that.
i thought about adding shadows, but i like it the way it is, because it is more clean, and theres more room left for the player to paint. if there were shadows, the paint in the shadow area had to be darker too, and that wouldnt look good.
i also like the outline style. i didnt want to make it look eboy.

i plan on developing it further, you can expect updates in the future.