AuthorTopic: How's that? Character template with walking cycle  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: How's that? Character template with walking cycle

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 09:03:53 pm
The knee is roughly a knee to high, though. And the arm on a natural walkcycle doesn't really jump up at the frontal stress frame, it rather remains on it's natural pendulum-like trajectory.

Offline xenkli

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:10 pm
Here's a new one (has it really been two weeks?).

The palette has changed a bit, more reddish now. I'm not too good with colors, though, so if anyone has a better idea go ahead. :) Also added two frames, tweaked the feet, lowered the knees and redid the arms. Anything more to do?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:02:28 pm by xenkli »

Offline Serena

• View Profile
    • Serena's Deviant Art

Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 07:19:39 pm
I think you can probably cut down your colours... I think the second-lightest color could probably go.  Since you have such a narrow color scheme you can afford to cut down on colors, and it will save you some work when you're redoing the other angles.

And for the down walk cycle, I would put the feet more one in front of the other.  Not like he's walking a tightrope, but people don't usually walk with their feet apart like that.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48:38 pm
Great evolution, it's looking really smooth and "right", good work. I suggest adding some rotation to the torso, making the shoulders move forward 2 or 3 pixels as the arm swings forward, and the same backwards, reversed. Although that depends a bit on the personality of the character (stiffer, looser, etc.).

Offline xenkli

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 05:14:59 pm
I finally found time to do something today. While I saw neither possibliity nor need to reduce the colors I tried to add some rotation, resulting in the first below. The head seemed overdone, though, so it went on to the second.

Allthough they still look unfinished to me I decided to use the short moment of time and inspiration to start with a decent south-animation. Almost finished I noticed it could use some rotation, too, but I'm unsure about the result. Therefor, two versions again.