AuthorTopic: Epic hero  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Epic hero

on: April 09, 2007, 02:44:16 pm

A fantasy stamp for PixelStamps. Made to test counting total stamps and last site update info scripts and to kick some lazy asses to finally join the project :)

Ignore a strangely placed number, it's dynamic and I hope it to turn into 2 digits.

This guy supposed to be a card for a Russian CCG but the anatomy was seriously off and I couldn't improve it. Now that I turned it into pixels he doesn't seem so wrong to me. Anyway edits and crits would be awesome.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Epic hero

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:35:56 pm
   Yo, Gas. I saw this at pixeljoint, but didn't get a chance to comment. I think it's great, but as you mentioned before, suffers from some anatomy issues. His right forearm is long. Too long. Also, I'm guessing that the object he's holding is a Scepter of some sort? I say that because if indeed, he is holding a spear, than the current angle it is in, along with the position his hand is holding it in, would suggest it's going straight through his crotch/hip. Also, his left shoulder is extended much further than normal. I'd also like to mention that he has a large upper body.
   However, you shading is very well done, especialy on the gold net design on his chest plate of armor. I'm sure a little bit of work on this thing and it'll look much better than before. Great job anyhow!
my back hurts...

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:17:20 pm
his left shoulder and upper arm seems very large compared to the left. :)
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:51:09 pm

Thanks for crits! Check if it looks any better.

The B.O.B., the spear supposed to be somewhere between his feets. Also the large body is ok for epic hero (here I have a problem translating a good selfspeaking word "Bogatir"  ;) It is used in Russian folklore to describe extra healthy warriors :D). I agree with all the rest and was trying to improve.

EDIT: Is it possible to flip image horisontally in PHP? Would be awesome to add that feature for right click of the mouse!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:59:22 pm by Gas 13 »

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 06:29:03 am
Heh, remember this one from somewhere...;)

His left shoulder still bigger then right one, and the arm with a spear is too long from elbow to the wrist.=)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 12:06:58 pm
Anatomy - yes... last edit need some change ;)
I support comments from The B.O.B.  ;D His arm, it's not hercules (epic hero) hold a spear, maybe more manly
something like this:

And for composition the tip of spear maybe some up, because this is like as the spear a raise from shoulder.

good work anyway! :y: