AuthorTopic: Naked male sprite  (Read 8600 times)

Offline Colonel Mustard

• View Profile

Re: Naked male sprite

Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 08:01:46 pm
Dunno how to describe it really, but his arms move the same way that terminators does when he walks, which is not alot :P

I've only got this reference, and it's a bit exaggerated, but perhaps you get what I mean: http://www.idleworm.com/how/anm/02w/wlk01.gif

Offline uridicy

• Beware the Pixolator
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Pocket

Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 09:54:21 pm
I haven't done any animation with that detailed of anatomy, but I think it's coming along good.  I'm rather impressed by the front animation, I've wondered a bit how to draw the leg going back like that and make it work.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 03:38:49 am
The walk, seems a little slow to me, kinda like a gait, which looks odd. I dunno could just be me, I like the color slection, he could use a neck though...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 10:36:24 am
if you want him to represent how a real male could look the anatomy is incorrect in the sideview. his legs seem far too short. compare your arm length with your leg length and you will see he needs longer legs. :) maybe move up his waist a bit in the side view? other than that.. very nice!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:39:04 am by Elrinth »
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline el zilcho

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 10:47:30 am
hey nice character, i've never animated before but i thought, it's only small i'll try an edit.

[edit] AHH i put the version up where the head hops. oh well dnt have time to fix it, have to go to work.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 06:05:58 pm
El zilcho: Yours looks totally side view instead of top down view. I like where you're going with the arms though, I'll try to incorporate that...

Update:

This will be a better base, but now I have to update all the animations...

Update:

More updateness:

Is anyone even looking at this thread?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:58:00 am by Gil »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 04:38:07 am
I'm no expert on walk cycles but ......
With the front view anim: Maybe make the hips rotate too.
With the side view anim: Looks like the legs are kicking out too much. Even though the head moves up and down
which is good i get the impression that the hips are not moving up and down and maybe that is screwing everything up. Also maybe your frames where the feet are as far back and forward as possible is not stretched out enough. That
is, maybe if his feet were further forward and back, and his arms were more stretched out, it would be better. I think
I mean make that pose more dramatic. Lastly the side view base seems too have better perspective than anim imo.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 05:08:41 pm
More stuff!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 07:15:21 pm
The shoulders swing way too far forward in the up-walking anim. It would be very strange to have your arms that far over your chest. But I'll guess that's a leftover 'cause you just changed some things around on the down-walking anim?
Fat man looks a bit pillowy...