AuthorTopic: Angelic warrior  (Read 15962 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Angelic warrior

Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 02:00:05 pm
I think it's terrible. The palette is bleh, the anatomy is off, everything is just designed awfully, and the hair, the hair is just eye-burning-bad.

Oops, seems I was in an alternate-reality for a second there... I really meant everything the opposite of what was said above.  ;D

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 02:04:22 pm
when i first opened up this thread i thought it was CG and the pixel-art piece was going to load below it somewhere.  This is awesome.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 02:13:29 pm
yup, I've stared at it for quite a while, so long that I feel guilty having not posted yet
but really, I can't say anything that hasn't been said, only gripe is her left knee does have the depth issues people have mentioned, other than that, I just can't help but think where I would've cut corners :P
those arms look excellent, not awkward at all, wings and hair are great too, and they sky is like extra credit :y:

seriously, great work, I haven't seen anything from you that had me thinking you needed to redeem yourself, but whatever drives you ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 10:47:50 pm
i thirst for progress shots.

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 11:01:35 pm
Thank you for your kind words!

.. only crit I can think of is that there's some aliasing around the wings. Did you leave it like that intentionally or did you simply forget the AA?

I was hoping it would add some kind of texture to the wings, instead of oversoftening everything.

seriously, great work, I haven't seen anything from you that had me thinking you needed to redeem yourself, but whatever drives you ;)

You haven't seen my graveyard of unfinished pieces.  :D

i thirst for progress shots.

Unfortunately, I haven't saved any progress shots. I have to remember that for my next piece.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:33:27 pm by Wayuki »

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 11:25:59 pm
Unfortunately, I haven't saved any progress shots. I have to remember that for my next piece.  :crazy:

Where did i place my despair emote...? oh well, a brainfreeze one will do. :yell:

You haven't seen my graveyard of unfinished pieces.  :D

Okay then, i demand a WIP dump in return for no progress shots! :P

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 11:27:09 pm
Firstly, I'd like to say how impressed I am by this piece, and that I (as a chronic procrastinator) admire you for seeing such a large, and ambitious piece through.
And now for my only crit: the staircase shading on her right bicep is creating a weird banding effect on my monitor, causing it to lack the same level of smoothness seen in the rest of the piece. I'm not sure exactly how you can fix it, or why it's only occuring in this place (as there are others with similar shading), but I think it would be a shame to leave it unattended.

I look forward to seeing you finish the rest of the works in your folder. :y:

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 11:53:13 pm
And now for my only crit: the staircase shading on her right bicep is creating a weird banding effect on my monitor, causing it to lack the same level of smoothness seen in the rest of the piece. I'm not sure exactly how you can fix it, or why it's only occuring in this place (as there are others with similar shading), but I think it would be a shame to leave it unattended.

I see what you mean, and that's one area I've been struggling with. I'm not sure how to fix it either, because it's a rather smooth and tube-like part. With the other arm I had more muscle detail and some reflected light to cling on to. :-[

Okay then, i demand a WIP dump in return for no progress shots! :P

I look forward to seeing you finish the rest of the works in your folder. :y:

I'm going to have to disappoint you guys... the remainder of the WIP pile is 3D related art. *cackles*   :hehe:

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 12:26:39 am
I'm going to have to disappoint you guys... the remainder of the WIP pile is 3D related art. *cackles*   :hehe:

She-Devil!
Post it in the "Official OT-Creativity Thread."

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 01:25:45 am
heres a quick edit on the bicep

i dithered what you had and used a shade from the hair to act as a buffer between your two darkest skin tones.
i noticed that on my other monitor the dithering didn't look so good though.

another way to get rid of the banding is to use the colours you currently have as buffer shades. this effectively lowers the amount of usuable shades you have though and volume may be lost. you could also add buffer shades but i don't think you want to do this with such a nice colour count.
thanks Dogmeat!