AuthorTopic: [Finished?] The treeman  (Read 13944 times)

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Re: [Finished?] The treeman

Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 09:49:45 pm
It kind of looks as if he's doing the "a-ok"-sign with his left hand, lol.

Nice work on this Feron. It's a lovely piece, and the lightsetting really adds a nice mood to it! I agree that it looks better without the leaves... also makes it looks like this tree-person is in pain or sorrow or something cheezy like that ;)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 09:59:49 pm
Looks like he's being crucified. It's a very good piece. I wish you would have kept that curious looking faerie.

yosh64

Reply #32 on: April 15, 2007, 05:29:05 am
hey

Sorry haven't read everyones messages...

I think this is a little tricky... should you really make the anatomy more human, when inside it's really a tree? I'd think not... is it possible for a tree to have the anatomy of a human?

So yea, I don't think you should be too concerned about the anatomy being true for a human, but rather that the anatomy is true for a tree in the shape of a human, I hope that makes sense?

BTW, contrary to what I think someone else mentioned, I seem to like the bolge under the armpit, as I think this seems to be more tree like :).

edit
Quickly read through everyones messages now...

Quote from: Werewolf
I wonder what it would look like if your turned his head into sort of a stumped brach, with two leafs by comparison
I quite like this idea, as I think the head looks a bit to unnatural for a tree. But maybe this symbolises a bit of a miracle of sorts as it is? Hmm, I dunno...

But yea, I strongly disagree about comments of the arm looking awkward, and anatomy not being true to a human or whatever... remember it's a tree... I do like the way it is... but maybe you could emphasize it as being a tree more by making the branches more extreme in regards to human anatomy. I dunno, just a thought, not sure it'd work out so well.

What about some roots sticking up from the ground?

Hehe, I just had a funny thought... that is to put a birds nest in it ;), or something that represents life.

Ohh, or maybe a leaf at the eye, to symbolise a tear?

But yea, it's your art not mine, hehe ;).

another edit
Gah, sorry... I just realised everyones comments were based on the earlier wips... I thought yas were refering to the latest :\. Anyhows yea, I see what yas meant about the abs, and the bolge at the arm pit and such :).

cyas
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:03:12 am by yosh64 »

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 04:29:13 pm
I'd soften the definition on the stomach area (abs and ribs above them), apllying that great wood texture you have going on the rest of the body, and call it done. Also, a bg wouldn't hurt. Great work ;)

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #34 on: April 15, 2007, 07:16:26 pm
I personally liked it a lot better with the leaves, it just had a cool kinda sense of weight to it.  Now it kinda looks like he's posed to be holding something really heavy but isn't.

Really impressive detail.

-Fry

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 06:00:22 am
I really love the surreal lighting and environment. The whole thing is really awesome.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 09:52:38 am
The angle of the head in this piece is a little odd, i can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't seem right, but other then that, Awesome work, Reminds me of Actraiser