AuthorTopic: 1-Bit The Strange House  (Read 7311 times)

Offline ~KING~

• Where do I put my picture???
    • View Profile

1-Bit The Strange House

on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:05 pm
Well here it is my first 1-bit I tried extra hard on this since people don't reply to my other topics .
Please reply I need tips I'll problay update with a change to the house to give it a spooky fealing.Right now it look like a box.
And I did go dithering overboard.

C&C more than welcome!

NEwest Update

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:47:26 pm by ~KING~ »

yosh64

Re: 1-Bit The Strange House

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:52:10 am
hey

Hmm, quite interesting...

I think the door looks a little odd to me, maybe it needs a step or two leading into it? and the small extra part to the right (our left) of the house looks odd to me also, I think you should scrap that bit. The only other thing is that I think the shadow of the house should go off to our right, relative to the light reflected off the moon. Ohh, the road looks a bit odd also?

Hmm, what about a drive way? or maybe a track going off into the distance? Ohh, what about a chimney?

Anyhows I'm no expert on dithering, nor have I done anything in 1 bit before, but I think it seems quite well shaded.

cyas

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:23:43 pm
Thanks! Well put. I will fix up the house but,I'm not shure what to do wth the road.I'm thinking of adding a fience and maby some lightning.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:33:51 pm
On top of what Yosh said, I think the moon looks very jagged and a bit out of place. Compared to the house, the road should be much wider.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:47:41 pm
What do you think I should do to the road.Widen it and move the house back? Or I could make the white stripes smaller.

As for the moon how can I make it less jaged.

yosh64

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:08:44 pm
hey

I actually thought about the moon earlier, and I never said anything cause I actually liked the effect of it :).

I also think maybe you should dump the road, and add a mailbox, about where the road is, but to the right (our left) of the house? with either lots of mail, or no mail? anyhows just a thought. It's just that I agree the road needs to be wider, or be futher away from the house, and I think it would look odd to push the house backwards, unless you change the size of the image? but I don't advise this.

Ahh, what about a television antenna/aerial?

Ohh, it's probably best to use a .PNG or .GIF image format, well maybe you do... as I think photobucket stupidly converts them to .JPG, which results in a larger filesize for such images. Hmm, it doesn't seem to destroy any of your pixels, must be cause your using just 2 colors.

edit
Another thing, I think you should move the house off center to the/our right, as I think this will give it better focus ;).

another edit
What about a crash landed UFO a bit into the background, to the right (our left) of the house? like a sourcer cracked and halfway into the ground... or am I going to far? I think it'd be tough with just 1 bit, hehe :).

cyas
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:19:21 pm by yosh64 »

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 04:19:18 pm
...Wow thats a lot. I willl have more time but I have to go to a Easter party.
Heres my small edit

Edit I was thinking more like lightning flashes and you can see a guy in the window with a knife.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:32:05 pm by ~KING~ »

yosh64

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:27 pm
hey

-> ->
I had a bit of fun, and done this wacky edit :).

cyas
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:35:45 pm by yosh64 »

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 10:43:20 pm
Sweet but I want more of a spooky feal than a wacky feal. I want to make a mystery game you know go around looking for items to ge to the next room till you find the prize or somthing.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:02:56 am

Update well I'm in for the night please post more this has to be the longest I've worked on a project!(and it's only in black and white)
This has been the funest too! I'm going to have to do at least 25 more of these to think of making a game with them.Thanks for the coments realy helps!